Friday, January 23, 2015

Friendship Roses

     A good Friday morning to you, my friends and followers.  Friday means a new challenge at QKR Stampede.  This week, our theme is a "Shaped Card."  Although my craft room seems to be overflowing with die cut sets from various makers, I don't have many dies large enough for cutting shaped cards.  So, I did a technique I had seen on Pinterest for making a 'shaped' card by cutting it with scissors.


     I used a QKR Stampede image called "Roses", digi 3601 and a QKR sentiment, "Friendships & Gardens," digi 16813.   I hate to admit that the image was one of the first digis I bought when I first discovered QKR Stampede nearly 2 years ago and I've never used it until this card!

     I know I normally reach for my ProMarkers but this time I wanted to try something different so I colored the roses with my chalks, then cut them by hand with scissors.  I adhered the image to green CS, embossed with my "Linen" folder. I added the sentiment piece, layered everything onto the card front, and then hand cut the shape for the card.  I thought all the hand cut pieces created enough interest so I didn't embellish it.  I like the CAS feel of it.

     Challenges:
Chalk N Stock
Craft Your Passion
Creative Craft Cottage
Design Team Showcase
Dream Valley
Fairytale Stampers
Flashback Fridays
Inky Chicks
Ladybug Crafts
Melonheadz Friends
My Craft Creations
Not Just Cards
Paper Minutes
Paper Nest Dolls

     I hope we'll see you playing along at QKR Stampede this week.  Remember, you don't have to use a QKR digi or rubber stamp but if you do, you're in a separate drawing just for those who used them.  That greatly increases your chance of winning!  :-D  See you over there.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

  1. Great fold technique, Connie! And I really like the gorgeous rose spray done in yellow against the bright green layer! Your coloring is beautiful, and I especially like the way the sentiment is used to create part of your card shape! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous creation NC!! Love the fussy cut flowers and the colors are so pretty too! Just wanted to let you know that you were featured as a “Flashback Favorite from the last challenge! Be sure to drop by and get you badge! So glad to have you play along and I hope you’ll join me again today!

    Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun idea for a card edge. Love your coloring of the roses too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring with those chalks and love your way of making a shaped card! That's really a pretty, pretty image too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job coloring these roses. They stand right off the page. Grea idea for a shaped card. You are always thinking girl. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shaped card and I do love yellow roses. How is Molly? I hope Honey and the Duchess are being kind to her.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love this design. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful flowers and colored with chalk. Way to go Connie. I have yet to try them but I love your coloring with them. And how creative to cut the flowers out like that. I love how you put so much love and care in your wonderful cards. Still having blogger problems so I know I missed some posts. Forgive me...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!!! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ AND FRIENDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brave to cut the deckle!

    Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

    Kim
    Design Team Showcase
    {Craftisan Studios}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful. Thanks for taking part in our Paperminutes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card.The colours are lovely and fresh.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion and hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I did leave you a comment already hun about how gorgeous your card is, but I thank you so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! I hope you will join every Friday with me! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really nice card!
    Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Stampers!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Connie! I came over here from Vicki Flashback Friday challenge post and just wanted to give let you know that I very much enjoy your card and post! Love that chalked colored roses! Just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Dream Valley Challenge this week. Good luck and please play along next time.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I am a wee bit late, my computer crashed this week. I wanted to pop by and thank you for joining our challenge at Melonheadz :) Looking forward to seeing what you create this round!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.