Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chocolate Coffee

     When the cold days of winter hit hard, as they are doing on the East Coast today, it's always a debate for me whether to make coffee or hot chocolate.  This morning my pot is filled with chocolate-flavored coffee and that solved the problem.  :-D

     We have a new challenge at Through the Craft Room Door starting this morning and our sponsor is Paola Jofre, who generously supplied digis for the team to use.  You could be the winner of the wonderful prize package she's offering if you come and play along.  The theme is "Anything Goes" so what do you have to lose?  I used her image called "Warm Wishes."


     This was a pretty simple design and I used feathers again, this time taken from an old goose-down pillow  which needs to be tossed.  Doesn't that count as being 'green aware' by recycling?  :-D  The image is colored with ProMarkers and the dies are from Spellbinders and QuicKutz.
   
     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Art Impressions
C.R.A.F.T.
Die Cut Divas
Kreativeinkauf
Lady Bug Crafts
Sister Act
Stempelsonnen
Suzy Bee's Bloomin'

     Sadly, this will be my last DT card for Through the Craft Room Door.  My term is up and I'm going to really miss the wonderful gals at TTCRD.  On the other hand, I can go back to playing in the challenges as an entrant instead of a DT.  :-D  Thanks so much for stopping by.and Happy Stamping!  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I like the way you solved your dilemma. Love that blue backing your your brown and white. I could use the hot chocolate this morning. We are in the middle of a blizzard but we've got the fire going so we are all good and comfy. Have a good day.

*Vicki* said...

Yum!! This is a really fabulous make here NC!! Love the blue and brown color combo and what a great use of a recycle item!! :) Yay for you!

jimlynn said...

I'd call that great recycling!!! I've never even thought to do that with the feathers from a pillow!
CUTE card as always and of course I love the blue. Great image too!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Oh I do love my hot chocolate, never tried chocolate coffee. A gorgeous card, love this colour combination.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shona Hamill said...

Fab card. Thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT challenge. Shona xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm feeling like a cup of hot coffee. Thanks for your warm cup of cocoa to get me in the mood.

Cheri said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along in our current challenge "Java Love" over at Art Impressions!

Jackie Scott said...

Your hot chocolate looks delicious! Just came in from the cold. Love your colour choices and feathers.

Asha said...

Yummy... you've got me drooling, NC!
hugs, Asha

Cara Malmrose said...

Fabulous card NanaConnie and I do love your use of the down feathers.
I know this is also your last post with us and I wanted to say thank you so much for being part of the the TTCRD family and sharing your talents with us! (Hugs) Cara

Dreja said...

Klasse Karte. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der SsC und KE-C.
LG Dreja

Benzi said...

I love your feathers...they look so pretty on your card. You're making me want hot chocolate. Maybe I'll go make some. :-)

Dawn Lancaster said...

Gorgeous makes since my last visit NanaC! I love the silhoutte one especially!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sharon Caudle said...

You make me want to run to Starbucks for a hot mocha! Super cute card! Thanks so much for joining our Java Love challenge at Art Impressions!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 64 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Christine said...

a little cup of chocolat to be more warm in this winter days! A good idea!
thanks to take part in addicted to stamps challenge! Hope to see you soon
Christine

Chris said...

Hi Connie,

I love how you compromised with yourself with the chocolate flavored coffee! Your card was perfect for those cold, snowy, wintery days! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog!

XO,
Chris
http://ascrappersmusings.blogspot.com