Monday, January 12, 2015

Celebrate New Snow with a Smile

     A really quick post which I'll schedule to go live on Monday.  For the last two or three days, I've had real problems connecting to the internet and staying on once I do connect.  I want to share this fun and CAS card using a sweet image from Rick St. Dennis which makes a new layer of snow seem like something to be celebrated.  :-D


I used the sketch from CAS - Colours and Sketches.


     I colored the image in reds and pinks with ProMarkers and chalked the edges after die cutting it.  I cut the "arrow" piece, layered it to the back of the image and put that whole thing on the textured card front.   The sentiment was cut with one of my new dies from Creative Dies by Penny Black.  Voila' - done in no time at all.

     Challenges:
A Creative Need
Artbymiran
Brown Sugar
Chalk 'n Stock
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
DL.ART
Fairy Tale
In the Pink
Pattie's Creations
Wags 'n Whiskers

     Well, I've been punted off line 5 times while typing up this post!  Grrrr.  I'm going to have to rethink my internet provider and maybe make a change.  Hopefully, I'll see you again for my DT posts.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

21 comments:

jimlynn said...

Your internet sounds like what mine was doing this morning! It couldn't decide if it wanted to stay connected or not!
Glad this finally got posted though because it's so pretty. Love the sentiment die (and I just ordered a similar one from a different company! Wish I'd seen this one first!)
Very pretty card!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love it! Great CAS design and coloring!!

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet and beautiful I love the decorative border and you pink color.. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday RED challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Asha said...

Smile?! The burst out laughing seeing this fabulous card. What a great start to my day, NC. LOVE this card, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Jane said...

So I'm not the only one who gets frustrated with the internet! Super cute girl in her snowsuit and love the cheeky snowman too. Super use of the sketch, thanks so much for playing at CAS Colours & Sketches.

Cumbrianlass said...

A wonderful card NC and it did make me smile lol
And I think your new header bar is fabulous.
Janet xxx

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A very cute creation NannaConnie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Patties Creations.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

ann van dijk said...

Wouw fablous card. Thanks so much for entering in our challenge no circles at CC&CC.
Hope to see you in our next challenge.
xxx Anneke

Deena Perreault said...

Very cute CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at A Creative Need!

Joey said...

Fab make, thankyou for joining us at art by mi ran. Jo x

Skylark said...

Thanks for joining in with us at CC&S this week Connie. I can empathise with your connection problems, as we had no phone and internet all over Christmas and the New Year. Thank goodness for the dongle! Love your close interpretation of the sketch. Stef x

Milka Gubo said...

Gorgeous card! :-D
Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight.
Milka GD

Faith A said...

Fab image love what you have done with it and the layout.

Sandi said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for playing in our "FUN IN THE SNOW" Challenge #106!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Bianca said...

What a wonderfull card! It´s so pritty and really elegant like a snowflake! Thank you for joining our "Snow" challenge at Fairy Tales. Bianca XX

ann van dijk said...

Wouw fablous card. Thanks so much for entering in our challenge no circles at CC&CC.
Hope to see you in our next challenge.
xxx Anneke

Aurora Aurelia said...

Beautiful card and colouring.. thank you for playing along with challenge #23 at Art by Mi Ran challenge blog.. good luck and hope to see you again in the next challenge ;)

hugs,
~RoRa

Lizy Bartaby said...

This is such a sweet card Connie! :)
Lizy xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a lovely card - the pretty pink chalked edges is a beautiful touch! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at In the Pink!
Rebecca.
x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffe & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT