Saturday, January 17, 2015

7 Days Without You

     I decided it was time to start making cards for Operation Write Home again since I haven't done any for a while.  If you're not familiar with OWH, check out the badge on my side bar.  Just click on it and you'll go right to their website.

     This card uses an image from Sassy Cheryl's.  In this post, I'll also have to give you an update on the "Battle for the Window Seat" between Honey and my newest fur baby, Molly, since they were working out terms while I was making this card.  Of course, all the negotiations (including objections) had to take place with me as the arbitrator at the same time I'm trying to create something wonderful  :-D  Scroll down one post to get the full scoop on Molly, how she came to live with me, and how the window seat battle started.


I used the sketch from Tuesday Throwdown this week.
(Shout out to my former teamies!)


     The image is colored with my Prism watercolor pencils, then cut with a die from QuicKutz.  The "7" is from an old page of pre-cut pop-outs which came with a stack of scrapbooking paper.  I never use those pop-out things so these have been kicking around as much as 5 or 6 years!  But my friend, Vicki, from "Stamp Smiles" is doing a Flashback Friday challenge each week where she asks that we use something from our stash that's more than a year old and this week she wanted to see letters or numbers.  Since a number worked better for my sentiment, I dug out the '7.'  

     The card base is a pre-cut card from DCWV and I used one of their flowery "Linen Closet" prints.  All I added for embellishment were the 3 tiny pearls.  I wanted this card as flat as possible since it will have to be mailed.

     Challenges:
Baffies Kreativladen
Crafty Gals Corner  
Cuttlebug Mania
Inky Chicks
Jo's Scrap Shack
Moving Along with the Times
Paper Minutes
Scrap & Craft
Sister Act
Top Tip Tuesday

     OK, now the update on Honey and Molly and who gets to peek out which window.  I made another 'window seat' a bit higher than the previous one (which Molly had seen fit to claim) and suggested to Honey that perhaps it would work even better than the original one since it was a bit higher (hinting that it gave additional status to the user.)  Honey looked very skeptical but did deign investigate it.

     Molly, aware that I was being very attentive to Honey for several minutes without a single glance in her direction, began purring and mewing, hoping to attract my attention away from Honey.  Here's what I mean...

     Notice that's the original window seat and Molly does look simply smashing on purple!  Who needs a red carpet when you're that cute?

     Glancing back to Honey, here's what I found...


     However, 15 minutes after these photos were taken I discovered that the two fur babies had exchanged places and were just as happy with either spot.  Currently they are each taking a long feline nap in the respective window seats.  Who knew it could be that simple -- just make an additional fur baby bed.  Do they have their human trained or what?  I think I'll put these two photos on the side bar just so that I have continuing proof that issue resolution between felines is possible when one puts one's mind to it.  :-D

     BTW, Molly is a real cuddle cat -- she loves to be petted, held, stroked, or carried around.  Her purring motor runs constantly and she sleeps on the bed as close to me as she can get.  She seems to be truly happy here in her new home and I love having her here.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

Ellie said...

Such a cute card and wonderful sketch. Love your cats!

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow NC, great take on the sketch. Fab image sitting inside that beuatiful die and coloring is fantastic. Another one on the list.
Hugs

jimlynn said...

I think they have their human trained VERY well! LOL! They're so cute and I'm glad they can each have a place to curl up and be happy now. Bet mama Connie is happy too!

On to your card! Very cute and I think that image was just made for the die you used to frame it with. Great use of the "7" too.

Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your card is darling and I love the background paper. Your sentiment puts me in mind of my DH. He has been out of province helping his mother all week and plans to stay another week. She took a fall and needs a lot of assistance right now. Fortunately, she did not break anything. I'm glad he can help her, but I sure do miss him.

Molly and Honey are gorgeous and it sure is nice to have at least one cuddle cat. Ours took me for a nap this afternoon and purred me to sleep. don't you just love that sound?

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Susan Sieracki said...

What a great OWH card...too cute. And what an adorable story about your fur babies. They are both beautiful. I have a Molly too, she is a Maine Coon and quite large, but does exactly what your Molly does if I pay any attention to George...lol. They are so much fun and I'm happy your Molly and Honey have you as their mommy!

Brenda said...

Your post has me smiling, but so does your card! The image is so sweet and your design suits it perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I enjoyed reDing the continued sage between Molly and Honey. At this point, glad to hear they are working things out. Love your card and I love using pop ups ; however, I only use a certain brand from Micheals that aren't so thick that I can mail without extra postage. I have that image and guess I need to load up and use. It is so precious!

Joann6274 said...

This card is too cute! I really like that image a lot... and love your photos of the kitties!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Jo's Funday Friday challenges!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Donna Hanley said...

Very nice card. I like the shade of green on her dress. OWH will really love this one.
I don't think it would be right if you could not be well training by your housemates. I'm very proud of you! Wishing all of you a great get-along day.

*Vicki* said...

AWE! NC, your card is adorable! That image is precious and I love the personalized number for this card as well!! So glad you were able to get it out and finally use it my friend! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown and for joining me in using your stash!! :) HUGS

Faith A said...

Aw! lovely card. Great precut shape too.
I haven't had a cat for 33 years, but love them too.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and love the sentiment. So happy to hear Molly is settling in. My Fluffy loves cuddles and is a purring motor too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, Love the kitty pics too they are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

Kathryn said...

such a sweet card and I love your kitties, too! :)

Thanks for playing at Crafty Gals Corner! :)

Kimbo said...

Great card for a great cause. Love the Kitty negotiations

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Samantha A. said...

I love this! I'm going to start doing the Operation Write Home as well. Looking up the info now. :) Thanks for playing along this week with our Sweethearts Challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!
-Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner

Patricia St Martin said...

Fantastic thing to do, such a cute card and the little girl is so adorable and your sentiment. Hope you had a nice week end.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Chasing the Dream said...

Back with DT hat, I just love how the little girl and her dog are waiting for their dad to come home. Awesome card for OWN. So excited to see you here in the challenge, perfect for this challenge. Miss you. This is a delightfully sweet card! The design is eye catching and I love the color palette on your design. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.


Asha said...

What an elegant card, NC. That colour combo is lovely. BTW, the both kitties are such cuties! LOVE them!
hugs, Asha

Lena's Creations said...

Lovely card and a fun sketch! I enjoyed reading about your fur babies :-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
Hugs,
Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Lady E said...

Lovely card! I love the image and colors :) Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and Good Luck!
Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
http://scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk/

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great coloring, NC. I always love the look of pencil coloring.

Manuela said...

Gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme an unserer aktuellen ShopBlogChallenge.
Wir sind umgezogen. Zieh doch mit uns mit ---> www.Kreativ-Gefluester.blogspot.com
Liebe Grüße, Manuela