Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Who Prayed for Snow?

     Somebody foolishly prayed for snow and now it's just barely above freezing here in central California!  Hey, weatherman, don't you know it doesn't freeze except in the mountains out here?  Anyway, we have a new challenge starting today at Through the Craft Room Door and our "Anything Goes" theme is sponsored by The Stamping Boutique.  They generously provided the DT with images and I used "Bring It On Snowman," a brand new image.

I used the sketch from The Outlawz,
turned one quarter turn.

     Isn't he adorable with his little bird friend perched on the snowman's hat, complete with his own 'bird-sized' snow shovel?  I colored with ProMarkers and sparkle gel ink (which just doesn't show in the photo), then die cut the image and matted it with a die cut circle of "Winter Magic" dp.  I've had this particular stack of dp for more than 3 years so it might be discontinued by now.  I still love it!  All the sparkly blue snowflakes were in my stash.  The sentiment is printed with a computer font and die cut with a die from Spellbinders.

     Challenges:
A Creative Need
C.R.A.F.T.
Creative Card Crew
Friends of Speedy TV
Graph'It
Mema's
MilkCoffee
Loves Rubber Stamps
Oddball Art Stamps
Sparkles Forum

     That's it for today.  I hope you're going to come and play along this week.  If you don't visit here again before New Year's, have a marvelously Happy New Year.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Oh my gosh isn't he just the cutest. Very well colored and I love that dark blue paper and those blue snowflakes. This just made me laugh because we feed the birds all year long, but last year we got quite a bit of snow and my hubby had to shovel a path to get to the bird feeders and I said they "We feed them, the least they could do it shovel the path for us. I think I'm going to have to pick up this image for that reason and make a card for hubby with it. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day and a Happy New Year.

Donna Ellis said...

What a darling "egg-snowman", Connie! SUPER CUTE! and love the colors. Your darling card arrived yesterday - perfect for a Floridian, and I treasure it - thanks so much - hope your trip has been a pleasant one! hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

What a cute little snowman! Love the sentiment and believe me I didn't wish or pray for snow. It has been very cold here across the pond.
Wishing you a fabulous New Year!
Hugs
Linda xxx

MagsB said...

Me again! :)

I love blue and white for winter cards, it looks so crisp! What a cute image, too! Thanks for joining in again at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

*Vicki* said...

Really adorable snowman image NC!! Love the blue color theme as well here! Wishing you a Happy & Healthy New Year in 2015! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Darcy Schroeder said...

I love your card, NanaConnie!! Always a fan of blue and white, this is a fabulous card!! So happy you made use of the Outlawz Sketch!!
Hugs
Darcy

Deena Perreault said...

Loving the blue and white of this sweet card, Connie! I guess you can blame me as I wished for 'snow' for this challenge. Strangely, for the first time in many winters there is NO snow in Montreal for Christmas! It all melted on Christmas day!!

jimlynn said...

I'm sorta coming back from my blogging break and couldn't have come at a better time because I get to see this wonderful card!!!!!!!! Hope you had a good Christmas and will have a wonderful new year too. LOVE your card! That image is just precious and you made it into a perfect card. Love it!
Lynn

Marlene Atkinson said...

Just gorgeous. thanks for sharing at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. Marlene DT

Janine said...

Sweet snowman and I am sure lots of kids prayed for snow so they could build one!

Chasing the Dream said...

Happy New Year. This is a cute image and sweet design. Just lovin the holiday Blue. I am a few miles South of you. Blistery and cold, expecting snow tonight.
Hugs
Berni

Teresa Arsenault said...

He is adorable and I love your sentiment.

Just above freezing is pretty cold for California. We are sitting at 5 degrees F presently; -10 F with the wind chill. Does that make you feel a little warmer? :)

Happy New Year,
Teresa

Sassy Raggedy said...

Cute Cute Cute....Hugs, joann

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

So cute.Thanks for joining us at Festive Wishes Challenge http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
Hugs Susan xx

PaperDaisies said...

Such a beautiful card. I love all the blues. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Asha said...

Oh so cute, NC! Love the soft blues. I havne't been commenting much... life is so hectic now.You're right about the snow ... it's freezing here too. Not funny!
hugs, Asha

Helen said...

Very cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 4th Anniversary Anything Goes Challenge. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Hugs Helen P (DT) x

Jo said...

Gorgeous......Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles and good luck!
hugs Jo x

Helene Siermans said...

Wonderful project. Love the "cold" colours you used. Fun sentiment too.

Thank you for playing along with us at Sparkles this month. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick