Thursday, December 18, 2014

Waiting for Mail

     Good morning, friends and followers.  Another day closer to Christmas and I can hardly wait.  For some reason this year, I feel like a child on Christmas Eve, peeking out the windows watching for Santa.  :-D

     We have another fun challenge at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday and our theme this week is "First Day of Winter," which officially arrives in the Northern Hemisphere on Sunday.  Many of you may not believe it's still autumn since you've already been buried under several feet of snow a couple of times this month but it's true.  Winter hasn't even started yet !  :-D

     Anne Fenton (Anne's Digital Art) is our sponsor and I used her wonderful mailbox digi (a favorite of mine) to make this card celebrating both winter and waiting.


     This card is full of scraps; even the image was printed on a large scrap piece of white CS.  I colored it using ProMarkers and glitter gel ink, then die cut it with a die from Spellbinders, and the red mat is also cut from a piece of scrap.  The snowflakes were die cut (Spellbinders) and glittered and the background dp is a scrap left over from another project.  I think that's from DCWV's "Linen Closet" 12x12 stack.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Artistic Inspirations
Card Mania
Corrosive Challenge
Craft a Scene
Crafty Boots
Dream Valley
Glitter n Sparkle
Hiding in My Craft Room
House That Stamps Built
Incy Wincy
My Time to Craft
One Stitch at a Time
Pile It On
Scrapy Land

     I'm going to be scarce around here other than my pre-scheduled DT posts so if I'm MIA on visiting your blog and leaving you some comment love, my apologies right now.  Family and holiday functions take priority with me this time of year and I'm going to go be with them.  Christmas Blessings to each of you and I'll be back in my normal stride right after the New Year.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Connie, this is a super nice card with that lovely image. Love the glitter, just the right amount. Wishing you a terrific time with your family. That is what it is all about.

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous card and I love that image. It's always a great feeling to use up scraps and you would never know that you did. Enjoy your time with your family. Thanks for sharing this with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too.

Linda Simpson said...

Love this image Connie. Beautiful paper and I love the snowflakes.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

What a sweet card! And who doesn't wait for the mail to come this time of year! I love the image, the glitter and those huge snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #8!

jimlynn said...

So beautiful! Love the shine on that snowflake and the image is so pretty! Love the framework around it too and glad you're joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges! Love your card.
Lynn

Vic said...

Great card - love the image and the glittery snowflakes! Thanks for sharing with us over at Glitter n Sparkle blog - Vic, DT x

Donna Ellis said...

oh so pretty, Miss Connie! Love all the cold festiveness - but I'm glad to celebrate the snow on cards and not outside - aren't you? :-) Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Patricia St Martin said...

Beautiful job with your wonderful card. Have a wonderful vacation.I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas, hopping you have a fantastic day with your family. The most healthiest ever New Year in 2015. With all the inspiration, creativity and goodies you need for making your beautiful cards thought out the year and then some.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
rubber stamping is my game blog

Teresa Arsenault said...

Such a pretty card. I love that image by Anne. Your embellishments are lovely and I really like your design paper too.
Hugs,
Teresa

Janet McLaughlin said...

Beautiful card NC! Just a perfect snowy, winter card!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful scenery card Connie. I hope you enjoy your family in the next weeks and have a Fabulous Christmas and New Year. Hugs, joann

Danielle Vincent said...

A pretty winter scene! I love the glittery snowflakes. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MTTC.

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS NC!! I love how you've colored this stunning image and your added sparkle! :) Enjoy the Season!!

Asha said...

LOVELY ... esp how you've framed the mailbox. We are never too old for Christmas!
hugs, Asha

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, NC! Merry Christmas to you! What an adorable card! I really like the sweet image and how beautifully you coloured it! Great die-cut snowflakes too! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Glittery, Sparkly Christmas challenge. Best of luck in our prize draw!

KT Fit Kitty
Glitter n Sparkle DT

Dee's Craft Room said...

Lovely card, very pretty image. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Marlies said...

A lovely card. I like the postbox digi and lovelu snowflakes. Thanks for joining usa at ATCS. Marlies

Mimi said...

What a gorgeous creation, loving it :) :) :) Thank you for joining us for this fortnights OSAAT Anything Goes With Glitter challenge. Hugs Jane xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A lovely little scene. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft A Scene.

Sue xx

Dora said...

beautiful card with this little winter scene.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
kind regards, Dora

Cheri said...

Great card, Nana Connie....it brings back so many wonderful Christmas memories for me. I'm so glad you entered it in The House That Stamps Built challenge.

Cheri said...

Great card, Nana Connie....it brings back so many wonderful Christmas memories for me. I'm so glad you entered it in The House That Stamps Built challenge.