Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Railroad Memories

     I have a dear family member who absolutely loves trains and who worked for the railroad until he retired a few years back.  He especially loves the old locomotives so when I saw this set from Doodle Pantry called "Railroad Memories," I just knew it would make a perfect card for him.  I'll add a photo of the entire set to the bottom of this post.  Although I used this for a Christmas card, the image is general enough that it could be for Father's Day, a birthday, even a completely non-occasion day.  :-D


     This is a really simple card.  I used a pre-colored image, although the set also has the outline images so you can color your own.  I added my own sentiment after I had die cut the train image.  The set also has some wonderful sentiments.  The background is dp from DCWV's "Linen Closet" but there are some fabulous digital papers in the set if you want to use them, and the only embellishment is the golden sheer ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Not bad for a simple, masculine card that looks more complex than it is.  Nine minutes from start to finish!  :-D

     Challenges:
A Little Bit Crafty
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper
Creative Craft Cottage
Digitally Sweet
Paper Nest Dolls
Sisters of Craft
Sparkles Forum
Speed Craft
Stempelsonnen

     I hope you're all ready for Christmas.  Santa will be here tonight!   Happy Stamping and Merry Christmas.  NanaConnie

Railroad Memories

Please just ignore the Verification on the comment section.  You can write and post your comment without entering anything in the box.  Thank you.

19 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

This is a fun set and you did it up nicely. Ready & Waiting for Santa here. Wishing you an your family a Wonderful Christmas.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my this is fabulous Connie. I love the train.
I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and that Santa brings you lots of lovely presents.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A said...

Simple it may be, but very effective, I know my brothers would appreciate this as they too worked on the steam trains.
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Donna Maligno said...

That bow is the perfect accent for this adorable card. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge and Merry Christmas!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Yes this is such a perfect image for any boy...My two would love it...Your card is beautiful Connie and look at you just chugging along here while you are visiting...Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog. Merry Christmas Eve...Hugs, joann

massofhair said...

Love your card, the train is perfect for any occasion and well done in creating it in under 15 minutes.

Thank you for taking part in our Speed Craft Challenge and we look forward to seeing you on the next one.

Mo:-)
DT Speed Craft Challenge

Teresa Arsenault said...

That train is fabulous and so is your bow.
Merry Christmas hugs,
Teresa

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Email me link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com. I will send you an email when the post goes live. Thank you.
Cindy at Cre8ive Cindy Blog

caroline said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at SOC, good luck
Caroline dt

caroline said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at SOC, good luck
Caroline dt

Inky and Quirky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Inky and Quirky said...

Great card and well done for creating under the time limit :)

Thanks for joining us at Speed craft challenge and good luck

Hugs
Donna xxx

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love the style of the card and love the image!
Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Helen said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 4th Anniversary Anything Goes Challenge. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Hugs Helen P (DT) x

Sue - said...

That looks like a great set and so is your card. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet.

Barbara Bruder said...

Connie, your train engine is an adorable image.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya I love seeing your work you are very talented. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Nest Doll Challenge Blog I hope to see you again. Happy 2015 may all your wishes come true hugs Sharon Noble (PND (DT) Member) xxxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Well done for getting it done so quickly great card xx

Suzy Cole said...

My favourite part is the metallic ribbon! Good luck with Sparkles, thanks for joining in this month.
Suzy DTxx