Friday, December 5, 2014

Paid Holidays

     First Friday in December already and a day short of 3 weeks until Christmas!  Are you ready?  If it's Friday, then there's a new challenge starting at QKR Stampede.  We have a theme of "Rainbows" this week.  Interpret that as openly as you choose.  When you visit the challenge blog to see what the DT members did, you'll find that some actually used rainbows; others used the just colors of the rainbow, and I landed somewhere in between.


     The background for the sentiment (Digi 20001 - Paid Holiday) is colored in rainbow colors with ProMarkers and the stunned-looking rooster (Digi 24221 - Sleepy Rooster) is also colored with ProMarkers.  I added a bit of sparkle to his tail with loose glitter, then fussy cut him.  The rooster is actually layered onto the purple (my fav!) card front with Pop-Dots, adding a little dimension.  The fibers are from my stash and, much as I hate to admit it, have been hoarded for well over a year now.

     I absolutely love this CAS style card and, while it could be a Christmas card this time of year, it certainly could be used for nearly any national holiday where we get paid for staying home.  :-D  However, I think this roster looks like he's been fighting the Christmas crowds for 40 straight hours or perhaps has sipped a bit too much of the New Year's Eve champagne.  What do you think?

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
CAS on Sunday
Crafty Sentiment Designs
Eureka Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Little Red Wagon
Loves Rubber Stamps
Not Just Cards
Outlawz Tuesday Color
Papertake Weekly
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Perfectly Rustics
Robyn's Fetish
Scribble & Scrap

     I hope you're going to come and play with us this week.  No requirement of using a QKR Stampede image but if you do, I'll tell you right now, you really do increase your chances of winning more QKR images.  Why?  Because in addition to our regular drawing, we always do a separate drawing just for those who use QKR images, rubber or digi.  How cool is that?   Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

  1. LOL!! This is just too cute NC!! I don't get paid Holidays...or any days for that matter! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! How fun! I love it! Thanks for sharing your fabulous project and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular, fun and fabulous! Oh my gosh, what a fun image and gorgeous CAS design and colors. Love this card. Thanks for the smiles on this dreary, rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Connie, the sentiment is fabulous as is the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Too cute and love that fun sentiment! Also LOVE your CAS card!!! Fantastic. Um... the rooster.....Mercy me, I'm thinking he didn't even make it for the Christmas shopping and just hit the liquor cabinet instead! SOOOO cute!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny sentiment and image.
    Thank you for joining us over at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Kati DT 

    ReplyDelete
  7. On a quick vacation this week but wanted to drop by and visit your post. This card...what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious image and sentiment,so glad you could join our Loves Rubberstamps-anything goes challenge, thanks!
    Please come back soon,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nanna C! My bad! I've not been visiting all the blogs I should lately & my own blog lies neglected & abandoned as I've been too busy with other stuff! I've had a look at your lovely creations, sorry I don't have time to comment on everything! Have a great day!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely Card. Thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Too cute! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!. I am still LOL. This is about the cutest image and sentiment aka rainbow ever. You are having too, too much fun this holiday season. Simply a wow beauty for the holidays.
    Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO adorable!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely creation and wondeful purple background - thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and Good Luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This image put a smile on my face- love it! Love the rainbow colors on purple. I do not get paid holidays, as my office is always closed on Holidays....so if the Holiday is on my regular day to work, I either use a vacation day or work an extra day....Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a delightful card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful coloring on this great card and great for our Celebration Challenge this week at Eureka Stamps. Thanks for joining us.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the expression on that roosters face, and an absolute classic card. Thanks for joining the Perfectly Rustics non birthday sentiment challenge. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute image , love your colours! Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.