Thursday, December 11, 2014

Kitten Comes Home for Christmas

     Before I share the back story behind this card, I have to tell you that this is a second post today because I'm trying to do a card for each day of the Catch the Bug "Christmas Chaos" week-long challenges and I still have two more to go after this one.  Since their challenges all close tomorrow evening, I have to get going.  And since I also have DT posts both today and tomorrow, I'll have to double up on the posts if I'm going to enter for each day.  :-D

     OK, now the back story -- Once upon a time, there was a kitten who left home because he just knew that there were great adventures awaiting him out there in the big, wide world.  Unfortunately, his travels only resulted in an empty tummy most days, sleeping in some cold and wet places (like under bridges and park benches), and a few big dogs who barked and chased him up trees.  By Thanksgiving, he was thinking a lot about how warm and cozy it had been back home with Mama and his humans.

     So, he went to the local UPS store and begged to be shipped home in time for Christmas.  A kindly lady (who was really just a crazy cat lady at heart) took pity on him and found a suitable box, with breathing holes and a spare blanket, wrapped him up, marked him "Fragile - This Side Up,"  and sent him on his way.  All along the route, Kitten was singing to himself, "I'll be home for Christmas... ."


Colors from Catch the Bug.


Image from AuroraWings.

     I colored the image with ProMarkers, including the metallic gold on the box, and added tiny touches of white gel ink.  I used a die from QuicKutz to cut it out.  The ribbon was in my stash and the pink CS is from a recycled card.  The sentiment was printed, hand cut, edges inked, and adhered to the card front.  I wanted it very CAS so no embellishments other than the ribbon and bow.

     Challenges:
A Song in Your He(ART)
Crafter's Cafe
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Boots
Crafty Creations
Creative Moments
Inspiration Destination
Party Time Tuesdays
Scrapper's Delights
Vintage Stamping/Flonz
Word Art Wednesday

     In the wee hours of tomorrow morning, I'll also have another DT post for the new challenge at QKR Stampede and it's worth seeing, I think.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

  1. Very sweet card. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Boots Christmas Challenge.

    Wishing a happy Christmas to you and your family.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious card, adorable story and you are busier than me with having to make cards. Ps. Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NC, love the story. This is so cute. You know me and the felines, I will open my door wait for this box of suprises to arrive tomorrow. Love how you colored her. Yes, she is a she. Fab design
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card and love your coloring on that image. The design and the way you framed it out is so creative!!!
    Cute and wonderful story! Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the kitties and puppies in the world had a home to go to for Christmas - and forever.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Sweet story Connie. What a beautiful card. I love the image and your coloring is fabulous. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious image and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us on Day three of our Holiday Chaos week at Bugaboo! We hope to see you every day so you can be in the running for that big prize!
    love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card connie, thank you for sharing with us this month at Vintage Stamping Challenge.
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Christmas card Connie, thanks so much for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy kitty, in a lovely box. We really appreciate you, for posting art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Advent Blessings, Carole
    "Candle of Preparation", Preparation means to 'get ready'. "Help us to be ready to welcome You, O God!" (Luke 3:4-6)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card AND story, Connie! Thanks so much for joining our ATG Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet Christmas kitty!! A very lovely design here my friend! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. How darling. I would love to find this little sweetie under my tree.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HEART challenge!! Hope to see you again for our very last challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.