Friday, December 12, 2014

Giraffe Wishes and Joy to the World

     I know those two things in my post title don't make a lot of sense when linked together but I'm posting my last two cards for the Catch the Bug "Christmas Chaos" because entries end tonight.

     Here's the first one, using a wonderful and fun image from Bugaboo Stamps which will fit into the "Critters" challenge for Thursday at Catch the Bug.  I have a dear friend who adores giraffes and I use them on cards for her at every opportunity.  Finding giraffes for Christmas takes some imagination.  :-D


I pulled colors from the challenge at 

     The image is colored with ProMarkers, and then cut with a plain square die.  I matted it with both red and green CS for a more Christmas-y feel, and did the same with the sentiment.  The Christmas embellishments have been in my stash for longer than I care to admit.  But at least they're being used now.

     Challenges for this card:
A Crafty Mess
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafts 4 Eternity
Graph'It
Pattie's Creations
Sister Act
STAMPlorations (Sept.)
Wags n Whiskers


     Here's my second card, done for Catch the Bug's CAS challenge on Friday.  The image here is from Lacy Sunshine.


     This image is also colored with ProMarkers but sparkle gel ink was used on the snowflakes, the musical notes, and her scarf.  The sentiment was printed using a computer font, then cut out and distressed on the edges with ink.

     I decided she had to be singing "Joy to the World" since it's my favorite Christmas song.  That's because it was the first one I ever learned.  I must have been about 5 and my mother was the choir director of both the regular and the children's choirs at church.  She drafted me and I was the youngest member of her children's choir that year.  What great memories.  :-D

     I also added distress ink to the image piece before mounting it onto the card front.  The only embellishment here is the baker's twine.

     Challenges for this card:
ArtbyMiran
As you Like It
Crafty Cardmakers
Crafty Catz
Delightful Challenge
Divas by Design
DRS Designs
Not Just Cards
Vintage Stamping

     OK, that finishes all seven challenges in the "Christmas Chaos" festivities and I can hardly believe I got one done for each day!  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie  

33 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Two more fabulous creations NC!! I think you are on the same page as me trying to get all caught up on Christmas cards!! LOL!! Love the Bugaboo image and a fun card design too! The second little girl is just signing her heart out!! "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is signing loud for all to hear!" - Buddy the Elf LOL! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Joey said...

Two fabulous makes, the little girl is too cute and such a fun image, thanks for joining us at art by mi ran. Joey x

jimlynn said...

BOTH of these are fantastic!!!! Love your coloring on them too. The first is adorable with those little guys peeking their head around and the sentiment and poinsettia are wonderful. The second is so sweet and pretty as well.
Lynn

Jo said...

2 lovely makes NanaConnie, never thought I'd see giraffes on a Christmas card lol but it's adorable! Love the little girl singing.....just like my Rebecca. Hope you're well.....have a lovely weekend.
hugs Jo x

TinaGAle said...

Oh how cute! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ahhhh...love them both and I too have a very good friend who loves giraffes. I hope I have this one. I need to go look in my folder.

Shelly Schmidt said...

NC- I love your cards- the Christmas Giraffes- I LOVE this image! The way the giraffes and the lines wind around the pole is great....gotta go check that one out.... So cute! Your sweet girls image is also adorable!

sgc said...

Both are such cute cards. Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's Christmas Chaos Challenges.

Jac said...

2 fabulous makes both made me smile, coloured so beautifully too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz and Divas by Design this week, Jac x

Sandy Palmer said...

What darling Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at Delightful Challenges, "Bundle Up"! :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

The giraffes are so cute and I love your little caroler.
Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

sammi said...

Super cute giraffe card! Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “Holiday Chaos” challenges at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new challenge and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh I really love both of these cards Connie. I love the first card and the second with the little girl is just adorable. Hugs, joann

Anet van Zyl said...

Your Christmas card is adorable NanaConnie, I love the cute Giraffe image and layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

brenda said...

Two great makes and especially love the giraffes.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Karin said...

Super sweet cards and I love the sideways sentiment on the CAS second one! Thanks so much for playing along at DRS Designs!

Lin said...

Two fabulous designs. Love that giraffe image, and the second one has a lovely choice of colours.

Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Christmas

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Sandi said...

Thanks for playing in our "CHRISTMAS CARDS" Challenge #105!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Shelia said...

Both of these are adorable! Cute images & design. I really like the sweet little girl singing Joy to the World!! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs.

Claire said...

wow what fun cards! Thanks for joining our 'Festive Wishes' challenge at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/ and at Vintage Stamping Challenges too
Claire xx

Kat said...

Two beautiful Christmas card.
Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.

Donna said...

Great cards! Beautiful colouring. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Wendy said...

Great cards...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy x

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous with great attention to detail. It is perfect for our 21st ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

michele said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Asha said...

Both cards are sooooo cute! and beautifully coloured, NC!
hugs, Asha

P.G. Lamb said...

Very cute cards! Thanks for sharing them with is at Color My Heart Color Dare.

Gretchen Stumme said...

Very cute, Connie! It's fun to see a non-traditional animal on a Christmas card. Thanks for joining the Color Dare.

Aurora Aurelia said...

adorable one... thank you for sharing your talent with us at Art by Mi Ran challenge # 21.. good luck.. ;)

hugs,
~RoRa

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffe & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT
Merry Christmas :)

Helen said...

Two great cards but that giraffe one is just so much fun!

Thanks for joining us at A Crafty Mess.

Helen x

Monika Skinner said...

Great cards! It is such a fun idea having a giraffe Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Good Luck and all the best for 2015. Monika

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

Such a pretty card.Thanks for joining us at Festive Wishes Challenge http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
Hugs Susan xx