Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Love is in the Mail

     One of the things I love about making cards is getting to put a little bit of Christmas love in the mailbox for family and friends who are too far away for personal delivery.  When I saw this delightful image from The Stampin' Boutique, our sponsor for this week's challenge at Tuesday Throwdown, it brought back such wonderful memories of sending and getting real Christmas cards in the mailbox, not just an e-greeting online.  :-D

    Our theme this week is "Family Christmas."


Colors came from Inspired by Stamping
pretty simple since it's really just two colors -- the others are two neutrals.

IBSIC-#88---Colors

     The image is colored with ProMarkers, then die cut.  I added a larger doily die cut (both from dies by Spellbinders) and cut the sentiment by hand, adding it to the bottom of the larger die cut.  The lace is from Beverly's Crafts and I added the last of my small red pearls which I've been hoarding away.  I also added a few white pearls to the red mat and the lace.

     Challenges:

     This is a bittersweet post for me because it's the last one I'll be doing for Tuesday Throwdown after serving on the DT there for more than 3 1/2 years.  I've loved every minute of serving there and all the wonderful friends and followers I've met there.  I hope you'll come and play this week and help me celebrate my last challenge with Tuesday Throwdown.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please just ignore the Verification.  You can write and post your comment without entering anything in the box (at least until Blogger decides to change that, too.)  Thank you.

25 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful card NanaConnie & you're so right......there's nothing better than sending & receiving real cards, especially at Christmas time. Hope you're well, my friend,
hugs Jo x

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow NC, your die cut frame around this image makes it look so elegant and Vintage!! I love that!! It's always wonderful to receive a handmade card for sure! :) Beautiful job my friend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Adorable image and you've showcased her perfectly! Great job my friend! Happy Holidays! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WINTER WONDERLAND’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Davi said...

Beautiful card NC, love the sweet image and the red mat looks wonderful with her. The lace is the perfect touch too! Sure will miss working with you here at TT but I know your knew endeavors will be exciting. hugs :)

Donna K said...

I totally understand the joy in sending and receiving mail...in the actual mailbox. I still send letters...I'm an old soul I guess. Your card is so beautiful, Nana Connie. LOVE the mail girl image and I love the delicate die cut you used along with the lace and holiday colors. Beautifully done. I'm so sorry you are leaving TT just as I am beginning but I look forward to following your blog and I wish you all the best in your new adventures! Crafty hugs, ~Donna K

jimlynn said...

Well, you're going out with a bang!!! This is absolutely gorgeous Connie! I love the framework around that image and of course the lace on the side is sensational! You know you're going to be missed on the DT but we wish you well.
Love your card!!!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Very pretty image and you've presented her so nicely with your coloring and dies embellished with sweet little gems. I'm glad you stopped hoarding them. Enjoy your day.

Dawn Lancaster said...

Sweet image & I love the colours you've used! The lace is a gorgoeus little addition too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Teighan Barton said...

Hello, A beautiful card and gorgeous image and colours. Thank you for joining our 2nd challenge at A Crafty Mess. We hope that you will join us again soon.

Teighan DT

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful card NC. Love the colors and details.Love the kitty pics too. WTG!!!!!

Mynn xx said...

This is just so pretty, Connie! LOVE the sweet image and the lovely lace trim! A beautiful last card for your dt. Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so pretty. I love the oval doily and the gorgeous lace at the side.
Hugs,
Teresa

Sassy Raggedy said...

Connie this is just lovely. It is the second card today I have seen using this image. Great job...Hugs, joann

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always enjoy stopping by and seeing what you create. Love your die and your pretty coloring- so pretty! You are so right- nothing like opening up the mailbox and finding a hand made card : )

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Such a sweet traditional card! I too send cards to people at a far distance, but still do my family locally. I'm surprised I was able to get 15 cards made this year. Wow...3.5 years and what a wonderful job you did!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh NanaConnie your card turned out fantastic. Love those die cuts you used. Are they spellbinders. So sorry to hear your leaving us but I do understand and know I will see you somewhere in Blogland. Good luck in all you do my friend.
Linda

Liz Smith said...

This is a very sweet card. What a darling image! Thank you so much for joining us at Graph'it. I hope to see you back for our next challenge. Good Luck ! ~ Lizzy DT

Jen said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors and the adorable girl. Thanks for joining us at the Dies R Us Challenge. -Jenny, DRU DT

Sandra said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love the sweet image!
Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy and good luck!
Hugs, Sandra F&F DT

Kamila R. said...

Such a pretty card! Thank you so much for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!

Annette said...

Your card is really pretty! Love the lace!
Thanks for sharing and joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Hugs Annette

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for sharing at crafts galore encore, good luck x

Marsha said...

Sweet card. Love the beautiful die cuts and lace. Thank you for entering your lovely card in the Die Cut Diva's Challenge.

Arlene said...

How sweet. Love the image, so lovely.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Sue said...

Thank you so much for joining us this month at CVC,- NOSTALIC CHRISTMAS. Your card is gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue