Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Purrfect Birthday

     Another new challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week and our theme, as always, is "Anything Goes."  Our wonderful sponsor this week is Little Claire's and they generously supplied images for the team to use.  As soon as I saw this darling "Cats sq 2", I knew I had to use it for a birthday card I need for a fellow "Crazy Cat Lady" who's turning 50.  She keeps saying that life begins at 50 so I decided to try a "new baby" pink-&-blue color combo.


     I used ProMarkers to color the background in each square and any non-feline objects, leaving the cats white.  I die cut the image carefully, leaving the tail and ears outside the box, then mounted it onto a die cut piece of black CS (QuicKutz) which had been in my stash for a couple of weeks, left over from another project after I changed my mind about that design.  The sparkly ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the dp is from DCWV.

     Can you believe everything on the card (except the ribbon) is from scraps?  I always feel so good when I can use up scraps instead of throwing them out.  :-D  It also makes for a very speedy card.  Even with the coloring, this one took me an exact 15 minutes.  Of course, I had all my supplies gathered and on the desk. The coloring probably took more time than any other single element.

     Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks
Allsorts
Crazy 4 Challenges
Digi Galore
Digitally Sweet
Graph'It
Red Rubber Inspirationals
Southern Girls
Speed Craft
Stempelsonnen

      I know you're all busy getting things done for and before Christmas, but take a bit of time for yourself and come play in our challenge this week.  You'll have more of yourself to give if you first charge the batteries with a bit of creative crafting.  Happy Stamping. NanaConnie

26 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Fantastic card NC, love all the fab images, super colours too, the purple really pops, hugs xxx

Jo said...

Gorgeous card NanaConnie, love the colours & that image is fab.....your friend is sure to love it! I really hope she's right & life does begin at 50 as I have that birthday coming up next year lol! Hope you're well, my friend.
hugs Jo x

Donna Hanley said...

Connie, I love that you went with pink and blue for life starting at 50. Wonderful idea. Don't you just love those quick cards? I know I do. Have a fun day.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! Love the way you colored around the images, creating both depth and texture! Fabulous idea - and of course the fact that it is purple makes it even ever-so-much better! LOL Darling card. Hope you enjoy a fantastic week! xo

massofhair said...

A stunning card in 15 minutes Connie! Gorgeous image and a lot of thought gone into your design.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge. Hope to see you on the next one too.

Mo :-)
DT Speed Craft Challenge

Laine Kammeraad said...

Hi NC - I absolutely love your card. I love how you used so many different scraps of paper. It does feel good to use scraps instead of cutting up a new sheet of cardstock. The cats are so sweet. Love the colors you used. Your friend is going to love it. And turning 50 is fun especially with her attitude. Thanks so much for joining us at Speed Challenge my friend.

Big hugs
Laine K
DT Speed Challenge

jimlynn said...

Cute idea about using the pink and blue baby colors for your friends card! Love all the little kitties too!
Lynn

Darcy Schroeder said...

Hi NanaConnie!! I love cats and I love this card!! It was a great idea to do the coloring on the background! It makes those kitties pop!!
Hugs
Darcy

*Vicki* said...

So cute NC! Love the different kitty panel squares and love the colors too!! Puuuuurfect!! :) Sorry, couldn't resist that one!! HUGS

Red Rubber Designs said...

Cute card - love the cats! Thanks for playing along with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous birthday card for your friend. Love all the cats playing around the sentiment.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh I love this very much Connie, two of my favourite things kitties and the colour purple. I love the frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tamie said...

Clean, simple and rockin! I adore the image and your die cut makes it truly pop. Glad to see you today :) Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Die Cuts Challenge.

Tamie DT

Drea Slee said...

So cute!! The window you created is perfect to showcase all of your fantastic stamping! Thanks for joining us this week @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
Drea

Wendy L said...

Great card and I love to see people using their scraps, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Liz Smith said...

Oh how fun! I love anything with kitties! Thank you for playing along with us at Graph'it, I hope to see you back again. Good Luck! ~ Lizzy DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

Love this cats in the window image and your pretty frame around it is purrrrfect. :)

Dreja said...

Toll gemacht. Danke für die Teilnahme an der SsC.
LG Dreja

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Look at all those cats!!! Great image! Thank you for joining the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

Ingrid Kristina V said...

fabulous card, Lovely! Love the kitties! Thank you for sharing it with us at Speed Craft! :) xx

Denise Pustelniak said...

Very cute!
Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Sarah said...

Such a cute card Connie. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Milestone Birthdays challenge x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Connie, Thank you for joining in with us this time at Graph'It Colour Challenge I hope to see you again for our next challenge, the best of luck in the draw.
Kevin xx

Chasing the Dream said...

Now we are meowing, love, love this image, my felines are up to no good, peeking out that window. Great use of the scraps sons fab design.
Hugs

Claudia said...

Tolle Karte. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der SsC.

LG, Claudia

Karen Oliver said...

Haha Love it. Super cute with all those kitties. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls,