Monday, November 10, 2014

Wreath in Non-Traditional Colors

     I love this card but I'm so disappointed in the photograph!  Many of the purple shades turned blue while others stayed purple.  There's no help for it -- this is the best photo I could get.  Please trust that I didn't mix blues and purples in these horribly unmatchable shades.  :-D  Everything, including the ribbon and the buttons, actually is purple.


I chose the sketch from Inspired by Stamping.

IBSIC-#87---Sketch

     The wreath image is from A Creative Need and I used my ProMarkers to color it, plus a bit of sparkle gel ink on the berries but it doesn't show well  in the photo, either.  It's die cut with a simple circle die from QuicKutz.  I used dp from DCWV and matted each piece with white dp.  I wrapped ribbon around one strip and lace around another, then layered everything together per the sketch.  I punched the starburst piece for the "Merry Christmas" sentiment out of purple CS.  The buttons are also purple, not blue, and they are mini buttons from Dress It Up.  The bow is from my stash of hand sewn bows.

     After all the CAS this month, can you believe I used 3 different types of embellies on this?  Ribbon/lace, bow, & buttons!!  :-D

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Challenge Up Your Life
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafts 4 Eternity
Crafty Catz
Crafty Ribbons
Creative Corner
Outlawz Friday Coloring
Paper Creator's Crafts
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Sister Act
Stamping Boutique
Treasured Times

     The newest Tuesday Throwdown challenge starts in just a few hours so be sure to stop by and check out my DT card for that and the new theme.  It's a fun one and you'll enjoy it.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

  1. To be honest, I think blue and purple actually look good together - even though I know it's all suppose to be purples in this one! Cameras are just like computers - they have a mind of their own! Still a beautiful card and I love that wreath!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's frustrating when the lighting doesn't work out NC, I'm sure we've all experienced the colour changing magic of our cameras at some time!
    I love the beautiful wreath image you used, you coloured it perfectly. I really like the idea of the purple berries for the holly... I might have to try that!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is very elegant !
    Thanks for playing with us at Paper Creator !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the blues and purples aren't supposed to go together when I made my mitten card last week too, but I think it actually looks FABULOUS!! I think I will probably use it again! :) LOVE the lace and your card design looks amazing NC!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and elegant card, love the wreath image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the non traditional colors you used NC. Your card is gorgeous and your coloring is too!! Yes, I understand the frustration when the light isn't cooperating however your card look marvelous.

    Hugs
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always have this problem with taking photos of purples! No worries, though, this card looks so beautiful regardless! Love the non traditional coloring and such a pretty layout! Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Creative Need~always happy when you do!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty...thanks for joining us at RRR! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome card and lovely image, thanks for sharing your talent with us at Craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! LOVE the non-traditional colors! The image is fabulous and I adore that little bow! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card. I really like that you picked non-traditional colors, I wish I could see the true shades. :)
    Thanks for joining us over at Challenge up your life.
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute - I love that wreath, it's so delicate and adorable!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wreath and such lovely colours you have chosen. Thanks for joining in with our Christmas Creation with ribbon challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn CR DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful colours! Lovely! Thank you for playing with us at Sister Act Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card, such a wonderful design.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our Anything Goes Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.