Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thankful Waif

    I love Thanksgiving as a holiday, probably even more than Christmas.  I know that's unusual for most favorites but to me it's all about counting one's blessings,  being grateful, and spending time with family without the commercial hustle and bustle of buying gifts and spending lots of money on credit cards and then trying to pay them all off before the holidays next year.  So, today I have one more card all about thanks and gratitude, this time using a sweet little waif image from Lacy Sunshine.


My colors were inspired by the photo at Sweet 7.


      My intention on this one was to practice some more and do another CAS card so I printed the image onto the card front, and then colored her with ProMarkers.  I was going to add a simple bit of ribbon but as I was digging through the box of fall ribbons, I found two (from Really Reasonable Ribbon) I really loved and couldn't decide between them.  So I ended up with a double layer of ribbon going both directions across the card front.  Since I have a top fold card, I had to cut a narrow slit across the fold to insert the ribbon so that it could be wrapped vertically.

     Then I spotted the leaves in my stash and decided they would enhance the colors in the image so I added them.   Those leaves made the top corner where the ribbons cross look a bit empty so I tied a bow.  Then I decided that a triple bow would better fill the space and I wanted some rustic twine on it so...

     This is just a classic "If you give a mouse a cookie..." situation.  Before I knew it, the card was no longer CAS in design.  But I love it anyway, so that's fine with me.  :-D

     Challenges:
Card Mania
Catch the Bug (first column)
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards
Clear It Out
Di's Digi Designs
Glitter 'n Sparkle
Going Grey with Scrap Creations
Hiding in My Craft Room
Papertake Weekly
Party Time Tuesday
Path of Positivity
{PIN}spirational
Scrappy Hands
Stamp and Create
Stamping Boutique
Wags n Whiskers

     That's it for this middle-of-the-week, half-way-to-the-weekend Wednesday.  Only a week away from Thanksgiving now and then another 4 weeks 'til Christmas!  Can you believe that?  Now that I've scared you to death with how much there is to do and how little time you have to do it -- Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I agree with you, Thanksgiving is our favorite because it is about family and friends and not the hoop-la that other holidays bring with them. Hubby says it is his favorite because of the "food". LOL. Anyway this card is just stunning. I love that little girls eyes and your ribbons are gorgeous. enjoy the rest of this week and soon it will be our special day.

jimlynn said...

Wow on that triple bow AND your card!!!! So pretty and love the addition of the leaves too. Awesome!
I love Thanksgiving for all the same reasons - and also for turkey! Love that stuff! LOL!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous Fall colors going on here NC!! I love the touches of gold on the leaves and a very sweet image too!! I concur with your thoughts about Thanksgiving!! :) HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, loving the leaves and beautiful bow. The image is a cutie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat said...

Love your Thanksgiving card. I love this time of year, when thoughts automatically turn toward those in need, and for us to recognize all we have in our own lives. Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this week!

Pat said...

Putting on my other DT hat to let you know what a cool card you made for the Outlawz Greetings challenge this week. Happy Thanksgiving, NanaConnie!

Donna Ellis said...

Your little waif is darling, Connie - and such pretty colors. I admire that you are doing the CAS cards - even if they are semi-CAS like this one - they are beautiful, and I hope to learn to do them, too! hugs, de

Susan Sieracki said...

Wow NanaConnie, your card is like a beautifully wrapped gift. It's just gorgeous. I love all that ribbon! Your coloring is off the charts!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is darling and I love the little bow you have made.

Davi said...

A beautiful card NC!! I love the sweet girl and your pretty leaves to go with her! I agree Thanksgiving is a Very special holiday that we tend to rush over to get to Christmas!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Love this Connie. Adding the leaves was the perfect touch. Hugs, joann

Lynn's Place said...

Cute take on the challenge @ CIO ...stop by again to play <((><

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, NC! What an adorable card! I really like the sweet image and how beautifully you coloured it! Great leaf embellies too! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Cute challenge. Best of luck in our prize draw!

KT Fit Kitty
Glitter n Sparkle DT

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

Sweet card! Thanks for playing Bugaboo Bingo with us this week – we hope to see more of your lovely creations in future challenges! Good luck in the random draw.
luv’n huggz
Jen L
Bugaboo DT

Virgo5 said...

Wonderful, love the leaves! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug!
PS love the pics of your cats too!

Dewi Lestari said...

Fab as always! Thanks for joining at Lacy Sunshine:Harvest/Thanksgiving
Hugs
Dewi

wintam said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Scrappy Hands!

Vic said...

Definitely a cute card - perfect for our challenge this week - Thanks for sharing with us over at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

Dawn Lancaster said...

Another sweet card! I love your bow!
The colours are gorgeous too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Dana Joy said...

Hey Nana Connie. Fantastic project. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!
Hugs,
Dana

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Vannessa said...

Great card and I love your ribbon bow in the corner! Thank you for joining in the Lacy Sunshine Challenge and for using one of our digis this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
Lacy Sunshine DT

Desire Fourie said...

A gorgeous autumn creation. Wonderful colouring and I love the leaves. This is so perfect for our GRATITUDE theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

tiziana biagioli said...

Lovely..bellissimo....
Thanks for sharing us at WW
XOXO DT Tiziana

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

...and thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper