Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Quick and Easy Negative Snowflakes

     This card was so fast and simple I'm almost embarrassed to show it.  :-D  A couple of days ago, I made a card with big, die cut snowflakes in the background behind a darling snowman.  I left the 'negative' scrap from die cutting the snowflakes on my desk instead of tossing it in the trash.  I'm afraid that translates into "laziness" rather than any great creative ideas about the scrap.

     But this morning, as I'm trying to tidy up a bit (the place has gotten really messy while I was sick -- can't be my fault since I was in bed most of the time, right?),  I looked at the scrap and wondered how it would look adhered to a white card base.  A couple of additional die cuts for the sentiment and the bow (also from scraps on the table), and it all fell together in less than 10 minutes!  Here's my "happy accident" card, flat and perfect for mailing.


     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Card Mania
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Digi Chooseday
Dream Valley
Hiding in My Craft Room
Loves Rubber Stamps
Melonheadz Friends
Pink Elephant Monday
Speed Craft

     Hope your day is going well.  I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday but early afternoon naps still seem rather pleasant.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe me loves the snowflakes. So clever to use the positive and negative. So beautiful.
Hugs

jimlynn said...

I can't believe you're blaming a messy desk on those cute little kitties!!! Surely not!! LOL!

Love your accident card and it's a great way to clean off the desk too. The snowflakes are so pretty in positive or negative....and you have another card completed for Christmas!

Lynn

massofhair said...

Loving your waste snowflake card, great idea to use it this way. Fantastic card well under the time and i am sure whoever receives it will love it.

Thank you for joining in with our Speed Challenge, looking forward to seeing you on the next one.

Mo :-) xxx

DT-The Speed challenge

Benzi said...

Negatives and positives are great. What a pretty card...love your bow, too.

Have a good nap today.

Inky and Quirky said...

Loving the card,wonderful snowflakes.

I also love the pictures of your 'helpers' thankfully I only have one cat as a helper but she's enough trouble!

Thanks for joining us at speed craft challenge

Big hugs
Donna xxx

kReN said...

Get well, NC. Lots of rest and relaxation are on your schedule!
kReN

*Vicki* said...

embarrassed?! Oh I absolutely love it NC!! Such a clever design to use the negative part of the die! I really need to try this out myself! :) Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

tanya miller said...

Lovely card. Thank you so much for entering the challenge over on Digi Choosday (DT)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 202- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Taniaj Scott said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Artistic Inspiration hugs Tania (DT)xx

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Well happy accident do happen I guess!!! love that you were able to use all those scraps!!!! Sorry to read that you have been sick... hope you are all better now.

Thanks for joining us in our CAS challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT)

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Hi Connie! Your card is fabulous, love your snowflakes. I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Speed Craft! Ingrid xx

PaperDaisies said...

Such a great card design. Love how you have used the negatives. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great card love the colour combo.
Thank you for joining in the speed craft challenge
Debsxx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Nice CAS card
Thanks for sharing it with us in our Clean and simple challenge over at Digi Choosday and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Digi Choosday DT member
Pennys Challenges Owner & DT member
Inky Impressions DT member
Ooh La La Creations DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges Admin member

Laine Kammeraad said...

Hello again NC

I love your card. So creative in how you used the reverse images. Great job and so delighted you joined us at the Speed Challenge.

Hugs
Laine
DT - Speed Challenge