Thursday, November 20, 2014

Punkin Wagon Harvest

     I absolutely adore this Sassy Cheryl's image and I think it's perfect for any of the fall holidays, or for a fall birthday, or even just a harvest celebration.  But for me, this is an expression of  "Thanks" to my mom.   This little girl reminds me of me at age 9 or 10 when I brought home a wagon full of large pumpkins (they must have weighed 60 pounds), somehow expecting them to magically turn into pumpkin pies.  My mother, who watched the last 100 yards of my slow progress, took pity on me and actually baked 2 pumpkin pies -- though she hated making pie crusts!   I didn't realize how much of a loving effort that was until years later, after she was gone, and I never really said "Thanks."  So, thank you, Mom.


     The girl, wagon, and leaves are colored with Copics and ProMarkers, while the sky and ground are done with chalks.  The image is die cut with a die from Spellbinders.  The dp is from DCWV and the CS was rescued from the scrap pile.  I added the leaf, the bow, and the sentiment and called it finished.

     Challenges:
Cards in Envy
Chalk n Stock
Come and Get It
Craft Your Passion
Dream Valley
Get Creative
Love to Scrap
Melonheadz Friends
Not Just Cards
Send a Smile 4 Kids
STAMPlorations
Sweet Stampin'

     I guess that's it for today.  I have a pile of things to do for and before Thanksgiving day and I have to get started.  So, no time at the craft desk until the weekend and then only if I have the majority of my to-do list complete.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Bunny said...

Pretty die cute, NanaConnie. I like the image, too. Nice card. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

jimlynn said...

Fun and cute card! Glad it brought back so many sweet memories. Love it.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Those darn To-Do lists seem to get longer and longer every year or else we just get more and more tired so it seems like more work. LOL This is a precious image and you've done it up nicely, Connie. Your mother was a real good sport to make those pies for you. Have a good time knocking things off you list.

*Vicki* said...

Now this is really precious NC! What a wonderful memory to re-live about your childhood! LOL! Love your Fall colors and the leaf accent! :) HUGS

Anne Temple said...

What a wonderful fall card and a great memory. I'm sure your mom knew you were thankful for her making the pies.

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful fall card, such a cute image too and love the layout.
~ Denise ~
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Cornelia W said...

Your card makes me happy, too! So cute! Great to see you playing with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Connie, sometimes your stories really choke me up. This one did as it reminded me of my mom. And of course you know how much I love Sassy Cheryl. Great job my friend. Hugs, joann

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is adorable. I love the scenery you made. Great job.
Love & hugs,
Teresa

Chasing the Dream said...

This is a fab image. Love your story. TFS. So sweet and cute. Beautiful coloring design.
Hugs

Jackie Scott said...

Great background you created for this cute image!Such a fancy leaf, great die cut and of course your pretty bow!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this sweet image, and enjoy your memory. I love Cherry and Pumpkin pie : )

Zoe said...

So adorable. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

Lisa Mensing said...

Such a cute card filled with wonderful memories! Love the die cut. Thank you for joining us at Get Creative. Hope to see you again.

Wedgie said...

Sweet card, great colouring!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wonderful fall card. Love this image, your coloring and the leaf you added. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Adorable card, thank you so much for sharing with the Sweet Stampin', hope you can join us for next weeks challenge.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Judy McKay said...

Great little autumn card. Love the image and your choice of colours. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week Judy DT

Annette Reed said...

Very cute! The image is adorable and I love the leaf and bow! Thanks for sharing at Love to Scrap!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Such a sweet image & a sweet memory too! I love the leaf!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Nonni said...

Such a cute image and pretty fall card, Nana Connie! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours. Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion !!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT