Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pumpkin Pie -- Mmmmmmm

     I know there are a few people out there who don't care for pumpkin pie but for the life of me, I can't understand that.  I happen to love it.  In fact, it's probably my favorite pie unless there's a pecan pie on the same table and then I'd have trouble choosing.  So, when I saw this gorgeous pie in the Doodle Pantry set called "Fancy Pies - Leaf Crust," I knew I had to use it to wish someone in my family a Happy Thanksgiving.  Not only that, the Fancy Pies set is the freebie you'll get if you play in that challenge and use a Doodle Pantry image.

     I combined it with the Pumpkin image from Doodle Pantry's "Circle Somethings 2" set, and also used an image of one of the sentiments from the Pie set.  Three images on one card -- not bad!  :-D


When I was choosing the images and my papers, I kept in mind the 
color challenge at Creative Bug on the Loose and used all 6 colors!
(Please check the blog to see the colors.  I couldn't 
get the photo to copy and paste here.)

     The pumpkin pie is fussy cut and adhered over the top of the pumpkin.  Both of the papers are part of the Fancy Pies set.  I die cut the pumpkin image with a die from Spellbinders and the papers are cut with simple rectangle dies.  The green vines are both cut with another die from Spellbinders.  The bow is one of those I make myself and the coral pink button came from my rather extensive stash of buttons.  I admit to hoarding pretty buttons.  I used distress ink on all the edges of both papers and images and the A2 card itself.

     Challenges:

     Don't forget that Doodle Pantry challenge #52 is still running until the 24th of the month.  Any digi will do but if you use a Doodle Pantry image, you'll get the Fancy Pies set free just for playing.  There's also a darling set with the Ants and a Gingerbread House which is a freebie with any purchase.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

You can see the sets if you click on this link.  For some reason, Blogger isn't letting me paste copies of photos to my post right now.  :-(

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only does that pie look delicious, it is very pretty with the leaves on top. I love that pumpkin and you are enabling me to make a purchase. Ha
    Super card, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so mod...I love the change and really gets my attention. I didn't start like pumpkin pie until I was about 40...at which time a friend mixed with with sweet potatoes. I love it now as well as the rest of my family. It's easy to make and freezes great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking card! Love that design you used for it too Connie. I say it's a yummy looking card because it's so pretty......as far as pumpkin pie - not even! So, yes, I'm waving my hand here to say I don't "do" pumpkin pie! Give me apple or pecan any day of the week though! Still love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 'Autumn/Fall' challenge.
    Happy crafting
    Helen P (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, Yum, YUMMY! love the way you have put that pumpkin in the background, Miss Sore Throat Feeling Icky! Your pumpkin pie is making my mouth water! MMMMMMMM! Connie, I hope you are soon feeling much better, and that the strep is gone. How painful, and icky feeling - you are too nice to have something like that, and I hope you are better soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUM! Pumpkin pie day is coming soon! Beautiful card; thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card great design with your extra image! But I don't like pumpkin pie even though I have made a few for people who do! Like almost any other kind though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I commented on this on The Outlawz, but it is worth another say. You have really made a great design here, NanaConnie. That pie looks fantastic and so does everything else.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. How delicious this pie looks, love the beautiful design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking pie & I love themodern pumpkin in the backgound!Hope you feel better soon!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pie does look yummy!! Your coloring of the pumpkin with the variations of orange is beautiful!! Beautiful Thanksgiving card! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, great use of the color pallet. The pumpkin looks good enough to eat. Great background papers and sentiment. Thank you for joining us this month at Creative Bug on the Loose.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Connie. Love the design and the color combo. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Fall card. Great lay-out too! We're delighted that you joined our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. We hope to see you again this week. Leaving you with God's Word in Hebrews 12:2, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Have a blessed day.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Orange & Green” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Allways Something Creative)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!!!. Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challanges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.