Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Games to Play on Thanksgiving

     If you're looking for the post I'd normally be doing for Tuesday Throwdown, 
we're taking a break this week to celebrate Thanksgiving in the US.
We'll be back next week with a new challenge.

     We all know that the adults will be eating and watching football this Thanksgiving Day but we also need games for the kids to play, right?  Those of you already buried in the first snows of winter will have to build snowmen, I suppose, but for those of us with only piles of dry leaves, let this be a suggestion.  I'm sure rolling and stomping in the leaves will help them work up an appetite.


     The image is from a Doodle Pantry set called "Charlie - Autumn" and he's becoming a favorite character of mine.  The leaf embellies were punched and the two which I put on the image are actually on Pop-Dots for a bit of dimension.  The bow is one of those I make myself.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Brown Sugar
CAS on Sunday
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafts 4 Eternity
Di's Digi Designs
Scribble & Scrap
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Stempelsonnen
Sweet Pea Stampers

     That's it for today.  I'll be back on Thursday with another post.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday if you're in the USA and take a break from your Christmas preparations if you're not.  Find a bit of relaxation time just for yourself.  The world won't end if your shopping isn't completely done, nor will anyone who truly loves you care if time is short and the list is long.  They'd rather see you relaxed and happy than frazzled and nervous.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Charlie Autumn

18 comments:

  1. This is a fun image and I love that paper on your die piece as well as your leaves, your bow and the sentiment. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. It reminds me of raking leaves as a kid to go jump around in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is fun, I can see why Charlie would be a favorite. Awesome coloring.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, love, love, love the image he sure made me giggle. Love Fall with all the gorgeous colours nature throws at us.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    Happy Thanksgiving to my dear sweet friend. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun image NC!! I love the Fall colors and design here! :) Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, hi... what a fun image, wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Stempelsonnen-challenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute and I'm all for rolling in the leaves! I love to do that more than anything - and even at this age!!! The kids and I usually have a ball....and the adults look at me like I'm crazy!
    CUTE image and love the sentiment!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is cute! So glad you could play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card. I've heard that horses actually do roll on their backs when they are feeling especially happy and secure.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG what a fun image. He is having so much fun. Fab fall colors and composition. Happy Thanksgiving
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card makes me laugh!! A super job NC~~ Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Sweet Pea Stampers thanksgiving challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol! What a cute & fun card! Great image & I love the sentiment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun and playful card! Thanks for playing with AAA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous fun card...Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rolling in leaves, such a fun youthful activity!!! Thanks for joining AAA Cards, hope you join in the new Blue Christmas Challenge too !! Sounds like fun!

    -Kimberly Wiener (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun card and great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Such a fun image. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.