Sunday, November 2, 2014

Beccy's Place Snowman

      I'm into snowmen in a big way, loving them all the time, and would use them on cards year 'round if I could find an excuse to do so.  This second one of the day is from Beccy's Place and she's having a card-a-day challenge for the entire month of November, all Christmas cards but with a different theme each day.  This is my card for Day 1 (CAS) and I don't know if I'm going to be able to get a card done for each day of November.  I'll do as many as I can.


     If you follow my blog at all, you know I've working very hard on my CAS style designs and I have to admit this is still my favorite kind of CAS -- a die cut frame that makes it all look fancy and frilly when it really is just lots of open space with no embellishments of any kind.  :-D

     Image is colored with ProMarkers, die cut with an oval frame, and layered on top of a die cut half-frame left over from another project.  I added a bit of sparkle to the snowflakes and die cut the "Christmas" sentiment from dark green CS.

     Challenges:
Cards Galore Encore  (They're having a DT call, too)
Sisters of Craft

     OK, I got my house cleaned, most of the laundry is done, I've restocked the larder, and dinner is in the slow cooker.  This card is now posted and I still have time to finish one more card for tomorrow.  I hope your day has been as productive as mine (and more fun!)  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

29 comments:

Beccy said...

Gosh, you've been busy NC! I wish I had all those chores behind me for the day... sadly there's a hamper full of laundry, the fridge is bare and dinner is a million miles away. Luckily it's still early!
You've done a wonderful job with your CAS card. I love the way you've coloured the little snowman, and I also love the die cuts you used. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

jimlynn said...

I wish I could show up at your house tonight to help eat whatever is in the slow cooker!
Love this little snowman and your clean and simple style is great! Very creative way to use that die!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

That snowman is soo sweet! I love the little snowflakes dangling from his hat! LOL!! You've done a fabulous CAS here NC!! I'm still working on it myself, but I'm loving the process!! HUGS :)

DIANA L. said...

Cute! Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Arlene said...

What an adorable snowman.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Creaine said...

Thanks for joining with this card our challenge on creaine, but I see no embroider.......
bye,
ine

DeBe said...

I don't think any of my days are as productive as yours! Lovely snowman, Thank-you for applying to be on the Crafts Galore Encore Design Team, we will be in touch! Denyse x

Stampsnob said...

So glad you joined us at MFP color challenge with this cutie Love the snowman , card is so sweet.....Lis

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Donna Hanley said...

Hi Connie, This is a super nice card you've crated here. I love the colors and the dies really help to make your darling snowman pop right off the page. You had a very bush, productive day yesterday. Could you share some of your energy, please. LOL Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
Donna

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Doesn't look CAS witch all the beautiful swirls but I know what you are talking about...haha Sometimes those turn out to be the most dramatic. Beccy has a way with her images.....this one is no exception. I love how the snowflakes are dangling off the hat.

Benzi said...

I love that snowman and your dies look great. A card a day challenge? I know that would not work for me but I am sure you can do it. You are full of energy. :-)

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Cute snowman card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Masculine Challenge;-))m

Dawn Lancaster said...

He's just adorable NanaC! I love snowmen too! I also love your card!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Chasing the Dream said...

In love with this snowman, must have that die. He is so cute and adorable. Beautifully CAS and loving those snowflakes.
Hugs

renee said...

Great card! Thanks for playing at MFP Stamp Shop color challenge.

SirisKort said...

Lovely snowman card!

Takk for at du deltar på utfordringen hos Card And Scrap!
Klem Siri DT

Janette said...

Really cute and sweet card..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Linda Simpson said...

Another beautiful snowman and loving the dies you have used.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sarah said...

Aww such a gorgeous snowman image Connie. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Lori said...

What an adorable little snowman!! Love the dies you used behind him - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxox

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card and he is one of my favourite snowmen!
hugs
Glenda

carol said...

super card, thanks for playing along with BEARLY-MINE this month x carol

Hazel said...

Love that cute snowman. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

kReN said...

So glad you joined us at the MFP/Color Challenge. Your snowman is so cute and you worked in the colors in such a clever way.
kReN, MFP/DT

Dawn C said...

What a cutie! Thanks for playing with us at Bearly Mine this month x

Pink Blossom Creations said...

What a beautiful card. Loving the dies. Thanks for joining in with us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge. Caroline x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Christmas cards”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)