Friday, October 24, 2014

Under the Sea

     Friday morning and a new challenge at QKR Stampede.  Our theme this week is "Under or By the Sea."
I chose to use an image called "Tropical Fish," digi #2303.


I took my sketch from Sketchtanten
and this is my first time playing in their challenge.


     The image is colored with ProMarkers and I added flat rhinestones for the bubbles before cutting it with a die from QuicKutz.   The image background is done with chalks.  The papers (both the patterned and the brown) are from the Linen Closet stack, by DCWV (which I hoard because I might run out of it even though I have several stacks of it -- I buy a stack whenever it's on sale.)  I used two different embossing folders, one of which is brand new and never used before; the other (Swiss Dot) tends to stay buried in my stack of folders as though using it will somehow diminish it.  Is it possible to 'hoard' equipment as well as supplies?

     The ribbon was in my stash and probably came from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I tied a double bow and must admit it's one of the best doubles I've ever done.  :-D  The sentiment was done with a computer font, then hand cut with scissors and added to the card front.  I distressed the edges of all the different layers, than added ink to emphasize the distressed look.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Craft Hoarders Anonymous
Fairtytale Stampers
Melonheadz
Mema's Challenge  ribbon, bling, embossing
My Craft Creations
Not Just Cards
Outlawz Greetings
Paper Girls
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Simon Says Stamp Monday

     OK, friends and followers, dig out those images that are related to the beach or the ocean and make a card to enter our challenge.  You should be done with all your Halloween cards by now and ready for a different theme.  :-D  Come play with us at QKR and think "By or Under the Sea!"  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

31 comments:

  1. Awe this is so cute. Sweet image and fab coloring. So much fun
    hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card - Awesome image and I love the colors and along with the background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this card! I love the bubble gems and nice folders. I had to laugh about you hoarding your embossing folder. You're too funny. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Connie, love the sentiment and the fishes are gorgeous. Loving the embossing too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card NC!! Love your take on that sketch and your papers are gorgeous!! :) Have a great weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE fish! Love the sentiment you used with this and the fun colors and design. The bow is beautiful!!! I never can make a good double bow and this one is fantastic!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card with adorable fish! The background embossing is a perfect match. Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on your sketch, Miss Connie! Love the textures and and designer paper, and the coloring of your fish! But once again, it is your sentiment which has me chuckling. Isn't it nice we have the option of "getting away" so that we don't behave just exactly like everyone else? LOL huggers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is all kinds of fabulous. Love the layers and the cute image.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi NanaConnie,

    Your card is soooooo cute. The fish look sooooooo tired LOL I love the gems as the bubbles that the fish are making with their breathing, that was a fantastic layout idea. The embossed swirls are perfect for the card too. The sentiment...just toooo cute!

    Thanks for participating in our Outlawz challenge this week. I just love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! Love the fish and how you colored it. Thanks for playing along with Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Humm, Under the sea....Always makes me think of that movie with Ariel. I will need to check and see what I might be able to whip up...Your card is too cute. Love those fishes...lol hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card.
    Beautifully colored.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairytale Stampers.
    Hugs
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card. Love the fishes. Thank you for sharing with Fairytale Stampers - Myrna (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol! Not sure I like the way that fish is looking at me! I love your card though & I can toally see why you're hoarding those papers! I'd love a louse made from the patterned one!
    Great colouring & I love the bubble!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun card with those adorable fish! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those fish crack me up! Love this fun, whimsical card with all its great layers! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cutest fish, love the layers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute card! Love that sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow... wonderful card and a sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us at the Sletchtanten-challenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those fish - and your coloring! WOW!


    Thank you for participating in last week's MelonHeadz Friends Lots of Layers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous Card, love all the layers... thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Craft Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, fab card! I love the fishes ;-)

    Thanks for joining us at the Sketchtanten.

    Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute!! Love those fishes! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those fish are so funny! Great job with the layering! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a fun card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow das ist ein klasse Karte und hast den Sketch toll umgesetzt
    Hab lieben Dank für's mitmachen bei den Sketchtanten
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eine tolle Karte hast du gebastelt.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sketchtanten.
    Viele Grüße Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.