Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Thankful for...

     I love doing Thanksgiving cards because it gives me the opportunity to list the things for which I'm grateful and there are lots of things.  This card is one I did for the newest challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week.  And guess what?  The sponsor is Deedee's Digi's -- one of the other teams on which I serve.  How wonderful to be able to use one of Deedee's lovely digis for the TTCRD challenge (always Anything Goes.)  :-D  The image and the sentiment on this card both came from her "Harvest Blessings" set.


I took my colors from Pals Paper Arts.

PPA222 Early Espresso Calypso Coral So Saffron

     Colored with ProMarkers and fussy cut.  The leaves came from Jolee's and the bow is one I had to dye with a ProMarker to get the color I wanted.  I added the rose to the bow.

     Challenges:
4 Krafty Girlz
A Creative Need
Artbymiran
Brown Sugar
Delightful Challenge
Dream It Up
Graph'It
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie
Kitty Bee Designs

     I'm so happy with this card!  I laid it out several different ways and liked this one the best.  :-D  Happy Stamping, my friends and followers.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Autumn creation Connie,I love it Thanks for joining in with us at Graph'It colour challenge this time, Good Luck
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

So pretty! That image really is a gorgeous one too Connie! Love your card.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Autumnal card Connie, love the pumpkin and such a sweet bow.
Hugs
Linda xxx

acreativeneed said...

Lovely card for Autumn, Connie! Thank you for joining in with us at A Creative Need!

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous Fall design NC! Love the ribbon treatment and pattern in the background! HUGS :)

Barb said...

What an awesome card I just love what you've done with the colors and placement of embellishments and the image is charming. Thank you for joining us at the Brown Sugar Challenge. Barb

Sandie Conner said...

Beautiful Thanksgiving card, thanks for sharing it with us. Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week.

Darcy Schroeder said...

Beautiful card and beautiful layout! Love it!
Hugs
Darcy

Katy McGloin said...

Sweet card, Connie! Even the fussy cutting is a work of art!! Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun this week!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your card is beautiful, with a gorgeous little bow. I like how you say that making Thanksgiving cards gives you the opportunity to count your blessings.

You are one of my blessings.

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving to you.

Hugs,
Teresa

Julie Odil said...

This is a beautiful card! That ribbon really jumps out at me -- love the rich color. Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges. Julie, DT

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

You do lovely work! Thank you for joining the happy "Hallowthanksmas" challenge this month at Dreamweaver Stencils!

Avril Ann said...

Gorgeous Connie, love this image, and the fabulous autumnal colours.

So sorry I have not been around, to see your fabulous creations, ended up in hospital and body is taking longer than normal, to get back to normal...hugs xxx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Gorgeous card NanaC, I love the rich Autumn/Fall colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cara Malmrose said...

NanaConnie - I just love this set of images from Deedee and you did an awesome job on this card. I love it!
(Hugs) Cara

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely colouring and design, makes for a beautiful autumn card. Love it!
hugs
Glenda

Liz Smith said...

This is a lovely fall/autumn card. That is so fun that you died the bow with your markers. I have never done that. Thank you so much for playing along in our Colouring Crazy Challenge! I hope you join us again. Good Luck! ~ Lizzy DT

Desire Fourie said...

This is a beautiful creation with great details. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our 16th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Joann Burton said...

This is just lovely for the Holiday Season Connie. Wonderful job. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow!!! Love the details in your work Ms. NanaC. Thank you for joining the Happy HallowThanksMas challenge at Dreamweaver Stencils this month.

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper