Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Spooky Mummy Worm!

     This is such a great post this morning because I get to tell you about a wonderful new stamp set from Doodle Pantry and also about the newest challenge beginning at Through the Craft Room Door today.  Our TTCRD challenges are always "Anything Goes."  This week we're being sponsored by Oozak and you'll see some wonderful bling on my card which came from Oozak.  Don't forget to check out the preview of the TTCRD Magazine over on my right hand side bar.  You can subscribe and get all kinds of free digis in each issue.  Those alone are worth the subscription price!


     I wanted a really CAS design because I wanted to show off three of the papers from this Doodle Pantry Set (called "Spooky Worms") and I knew that would make it pretty 'busy' all by itself.  Is that the cutest, silliest, mummy you've ever seen?   The worm image is fussy cut and the sentiment (also from the set) is fussy cut and layered onto a yellow mat.

     The moon is die cut with a simple circle die from QuicKutz and I inked the edges all the way around.  I layered both the moon and the 'ground' paper onto the purple 'sky' paper.  Each layer is popped up on dimensional tape, including the worm image.  One of my favorite techniques is making scenes on cards and layering them whenever I can.

     Embellishments were kept very simple -- bling for two corners and one of the bows I make by the dozen and have ready in my stash.

     Challenges:

     One final thing -- Doodle Pantry is also sponsoring Tuesday Throwdown this week.  While I serve on one of the teams at Tuesday Throwdown, this wasn't my week to post but since Team A is short handed until their new DT Members start in November, I gave them this card to post if they wanted to use it.

     Come play with us at Through the Craft Room Door, won't you?  We'd love to see what you create and enter.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

24 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This little worm is adorable NC!!! I love how you've paper pieced the moon and background too!! So happy you joined us this week! :) HUGS

jimlynn said...

LOL! You're rocking the cards for Halloween! Cute scene and that mummy worm just cracks me up! CUTE!!!!!!!
lynn

Robin Parker said...

Love your worm and the way you colored him, fabulous. Thanks for sharing on the Delightful Challenge of Color My World.

Linda Simpson said...

Cute little mummy worm, love the saying and gorgeous papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie Scott said...

These are nice bright papers! Like the way parts of the worm peek out from under the wraps. Great Halloween card!

Benzi said...

Well, that is quite the mummy....very cute, indeed. I love your moon, too. Great card!

Anne Temple said...

How cute! I've not seen a spooky mummy worm before. Love the texture too.
Anne
Anne-Made

Faith Wallace said...

This is so cute. This is the second time I have seen this set, and I know I have to have it. I love how adorable the worm is - and not scary for the little kids. Thanks for joining Scrapbookerphd's challenge this month.

Chasing the Dream said...

Worm is so cute and loving how you used the DP. Great design for CAS. Fun sentiment and thanks so munch for filling in for Team A. We love you to pieces.
Hugs
Berni

Dawn Lancaster said...

ROFL! I love your little mummy worm NanaC! Those papers are amazing too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card, love that cute worm and great project!
cheers from california
bibiana

Debi said...

Cute, cute card. Love that sentiment.

Darcy Schroeder said...

This is such a great card, NC!! I love that mummy and the papers are really cool!!
Hugs
Darcy

Lori Apgar said...

This card is way too cute!!! Love the mummy worm! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Cara Malmrose said...

Great card NC That image is soooooo funny, I smile every time I see your card. (Hugs) Cara

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is just too adorable. I love the image and the papers. Too too cute. Hugs joann sassy raggedy

Alicia Borowski said...

Such an adorable image & great sentiment. Thanks for joining us for our Fall challenge #16.
Alicia (Scrapbooker PhD DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Cumbrianlass said...

A wonderful cute card NC
Janet xxx

Bianca said...

That´s such a great project for Halloween! I love all that fab little detailsyou have add. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Mari Kocjancic said...

This is too cute, my daughter loves worms and would certainly love this little mummy! Thank you so much for joining in the Aloha Friday Challenge! We hope to see you again for our Halloween Challenge :)
-Mari K.
Kitty Bee DT

Taniaj Scott said...

What a fun Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Kittybees with our die and punch challenge hugs Tania (Dt) xx

Julie said...

That sentiment is so cute! Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookerPhD.
Julie t

stampsandscrapbooks said...

That worm is too stinkin' cute!
Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookerPhD!
Hugs,
Cathy