Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pilgrim Owls for Thanksgiving

         Today I want to share a card I made using two of the sweetest Owl images which came from Deedee's Digis, a set called "Pilgrim Owls." (Click here to see the whole set.)  I used both owls plus one of the sentiments.  It's sets like this that make being part of her Design Team so much fun!


     I colored the owls with my ProMarkers, then die cut them with a die from Spellbinders.  I used three of the little leaves which dropped out of the frame to make the yellow leaf embellishments.  I added a bit of glitter to the center of each one.   Everything is adhered to brown CS.

     The sparkly ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the feather was in my stash.  My fuzzy-butt feline, Honey, has already tried to lay claim to the feather!  We're having a conversation about not stealing things off the craft desk which don't belong to you.  I think I'm talking to empty air.  :-D

     Challenges:

     How has your week gone?  It's not that many days after today to the weekend.  If you haven't had a good week, I suggest making plans right now for some time away, some relaxation, some creativity, and something to restore the soul.

     And don't forget, there's still time to enter the Digi of the Month Progressive Challenge at Deedee's Digis this month.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

jimlynn said...

What a cute little pair these two make! Love the addition of the feather (and keep fuzzy butt away from it) and the leaves from the negative die cut. VERY cute!

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my word Connie these are just so darn cute! I love the ribbon and the feather just finishes it off beautifully.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh Connie these owls are too too cute. That feather is the best embellishment!! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is adorable. I wish I had been able to stay with the progressive challenge to receive the next month's image, but alas, I wasn't. Someone is going to love receiving this card.

Janine said...

Sweet little owls - aren't they cute? Thanks for sharing this with us at FOSTV

Teresa Arsenault said...

So cute and I love the addition of the feather. Better keep that one away from the cats. :)

brenda said...

So cute Connie, Owl's always bring a smile to my face.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

In case you didn’t know, we have some great candy to be won at our sister challenge here

B x

*Vicki* said...

These owls are really adorable NC!! Love the metallic ribbon and the added feather! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Joann Burton said...

How adorable. I don't think you ever lose your "mojo". Your cards are always wonderful. I have lost mine that's for sure. Hugs,joann sassy raggedy

Cass said...

Great autumn card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Angie A said...

Cute Thanksgiving day card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting At The Weekend! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Artistic inspirations. Louise x

Suzanne C said...

Owldorable pilgrims! Sweet card! Perfect for the season. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jellypark Challenges said...

Just so sweet, lovely owls. Thank you very much for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends for our autumn/fall challenge. Mel :o)

Dawn Lancaster said...

What a lovely couple! Great Thanksgiving card NanaC!
HUgs
Dawn xx

terrie said...

What a great looking card...I like the images of the owl couple..they are so cute..
Well done and good luck in the challenges.

bejko said...

I love this!! What a fantastic image and coloring. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with The Crazy Challenge this week.

Ellen said...

Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen