Thursday, October 9, 2014

Patterns for Fall

     Among the wonderful new digi sets which were released at Doodle Pantry this month is one called "Fall Patterns" and I'm crazy about everything in it -- the digi stamps, the papers (fantastic!), and even the sentiments.  If I could do nothing for the rest of the month but use this set to make cards, I would.  Of course, I do have other commitments to meet.  :-D  Here's the first one I've done and there are two more I've completed but they may not make it to a post right away.


I used the sketch from Technostampers.

 

       With the exception of the brads and the sentiment, everything on the card is from the Fall Patterns set.  (See below.)  I printed two of the image, fussy cut the acorn and popped it up from the pumpkin for some dimension.

     I matted the papers and sentiment with dark brown and used a kraft card base.  The green dp has been run through my "Linen Texture" embossing folder.  The three brads in each corner are from my stash, as is the jute cord.  Both of those are from my embellie stash and I've had them for more than 2 years.  It's not that I haven't used any of those things during that  time; it's just that I purchased a lot of them when I bought them so there are still a lot of those in my stash.  :-D

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Catch the Bug
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Going Grey with Scrap Creations
My Craft Creations
Oldie But a Goodie
Open Minded Crafting Fun
Papertake Weekly
{Pin}spirational
Simon Says Stamp Mondays
Speedy Fox & Friends

     Remember that the challenge at Doodle Pantry runs until the 24th of the month so you still have plenty of time to enter.  No requirement to use a Doodle Pantry image but if you do, you get the pre-selected freebie set just for entering.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Fall Patterns

25 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love the "fabric" look to this. What a great set - and I love your take on the sketch.

*Vicki* said...

I love patterns in my images!! This makes for the perfect Fall theme design!! HUGS :)

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful images and colours. Great interpretation of the sketch too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

MJ said...

Love these great fall patterns and colors. Great card, I love the fussy cut acorn. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

jimlynn said...

So bright and pretty. Love that big pumpkin and fall colors. Looks like a fantastic set!!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great fall card- loving the colors on that sheet of images and papers! I look forward to seeing more of them as you play with them.

Mari Kocjancic said...

This is so cute! I love all the patterns. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!
-Mari K.
Bugaboo Stamps DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the images and papers-great Autumn colours--thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
Carol DT x

Stampsnob said...

Lovely shades of brown lovely layout , all around really nice card..thanks for sharing st MFP SF&F...............Lis

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hi, love it, great card. 1st time visiting your blog! If you like challenges, I started a new "Throwback Thursday" challenge at my blog. Hope to see you popping by one of these days!
hugs form California
bibiana

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is a lovely set and your card is beautiful. I really like the addition of the brads.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Dawn Lancaster said...

Looks like a great set NanaC! I love your use of the sketch, it works well!
Hugs
Dawn xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely Autumn card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts ' Autumn' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gorgeous composition. I agree! Think I need to case yours for sure.

Kathy S said...

Don't you just love Doodle Pantry? They make such great digis and cut files. You've used the sketch perfectly with this image. Thanks for entering your card in the fall/autumn challenge at Open-Minded Crafting. Happy Friday!

Donna Ellis said...

How fun! I love the choices of papers and colors, especially with the dramatic dark brown and white highlights! Fabulous design! hugs, de

Helene E said...

Just popping by to admire your creation and thank you for participating in the challenge at Allsorts this week.

Del said...

Love those cut outs and the great stitching and fabric effect. You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge 20 - Autumn/Fall and Good Luck! xx

Nance E Salkeld said...

Love the cheery-ness of this fall card! Great colors! Thanks for sharing at {PIN}spirational Challenges! Come back soon! Nance, DT

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

Wow, great card! Thanks for joining in the fun at our Anything Goes Challenge at Bugaboo Stamps this week – I hope you are drawn as one of the winners. Please enter again this week when we have a brand new challenge and wonderful prizes to be won.
luv’n huggz
Jen L
Bugaboo DT

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, many thanks for joining in our challenge this week...hope to see you next challenge. aNNie xx
{Crafty Sentiments Inspirations DT Member}

Joann Burton said...

Connie I agree with you concerning this set. It is beautiful. And your card is one of the best I have seen in a long time. Very nice. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

inkedx2 said...

This is a cute digi set. You did a great job with it. So glad you played along with us this week at TSSC.

Robbie

Anna-Karin said...

Stunning card! Love the patterns.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Dips said...

Beautiful, Autumnal card, thanks for taking part in OBAG Challenge - good luck!