Thursday, October 23, 2014

Meow -- Adore Me, Adore Me !!

     For those of you who don't share your lives with demanding felines, let me assure you that this card was inspired by a little white cat who lives in my house.  Excuse me, who allows me to share quarters so that I can feed, love, and properly adore her on demand.   However, this will undoubtedly be used as a birthday card for one of my grandkids, who also think they should be properly adored.  :-D


I used the sketch from The Outlawz.


     The image is from Inky Impressions, where I won the challenge last week (Woohoo!!) and where their theme this week is "Checkmate."  I interpreted that to mean 'use checks somewhere' since most of the DT cards had checks or plaids on them.   The image is colored with ProMarkers, and the bow is paper pieced.  Then I die cut it with a die from Spellbinders, leaving her tail "out-of-the-box," and embossed the edges of the frame.   I used chalks to 'sponge' around the frame, enhancing the embossing.

     The checkered dp is from Doodle Pantry but I hate to admit I don't remember which set.  The ribbon bows are made to look like flowers, with gems added to the centers, and the sentiment is my own, computer generated, fussy cut and inked on the edges.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
CAS on Sunday
Craft Your Passion flowers/gems/die cuts
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Creative Card Crew
Digi Chooseday
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Paper Nest Dolls
Papertake Weekly
Party Time Tuesday
Quirky Crafts
Treasured Times

     I'm going to be gone a lot for the next two days but have a post scheduled for tomorrow.  Maybe I'll have time to get something else done over the weekend.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Avril Ann said...

AWE Connie, how wonderful, adore that image, great sentiment too, hugs xxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous. Love the paper-piecing!!!

jimlynn said...

Very pretty card! LOVE that little kitty on there too......the sentiment!! Of course!!! Just like a cat! (Of course Rambo thinks he's pretty adorable too! LOL!). Love the ribbon flower! WOW!

Just sent you an email and then had to laugh when I saw your card with the kitty on it!

Lynn

Benzi said...

How cute with her tail out of the box. Got to adore your kitties and grandchildren, that's for sure.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Connie, this cat is gorgeous and reminds me of my own little Fluffy. Gorgeous card as always hun!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anne Temple said...

Ohh - too cute. She reminds me of one of the Aristocats kittens from the Disney movie that I saw as a kid.

Debi said...

Such a cute kitty. The sentiment made me laugh. Great job. Love the bow!
Hugs,
Debi

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your card is adorable and we have a cat just like that too. She insists that we carry her into the bedroom at night. If we forget she will yowl until we do. Far be it from her to actually use the cat door.

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Party Time Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge.

Jackie said...

This is so very pretty Nana Connie! Love that cat & your design...very nice!

Michelle said...

So precious this card. Lovely flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous adorable creation Connie. Love the image and those gorgeous ribbon flowers. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

How adorable this is Connie. Reminds me of a friend of mine who just adores these feline creatures. Oh wait you are that friend. lol Hugs, joann

Elina P. said...

Very nice card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Party Time Tuesdays Anything Goes Challenge!! :)

El mundo según kyso said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing at Quirky Crafts Challenges. Kemly Dt.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Wonderful card Connie and so true about cats! Thanks for sharing with us at CraftySentiments, Susan x

craftybunny said...

What a cute kitty and such a super card.The colour combo is very striking and love the checks.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x (GDT)

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Lovely card, love the image and the sketch layout
Thanks for sharing it with us in our Birthdays challenge over at Digi Choosday and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Digi Choosday DT member
Inky Impressions DT member
Pennys Challenges Owner & DT member
Ooh La La Creations DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges Admin member