Friday, October 31, 2014

Haggard Mailman

     It's Friday, the weekend is about to start, and we have a new challenge up over at QKR Stampede.  Can it get any better than that?  :-D  Our theme this week is "3's a Crowd" so use 3 of something on your card.

   

     My image is digi 15208, Holiday Mail, and the first sentiment (top left) is digi 21404, All You Need.  The second silly sentiment is mine, generated with a computer font and I added it because it just seemed to work.

     Despite the non-traditional colors, this is one of my Christmas cards for a wonderful fellow crafter.  I colored the image with ProMarkers, then die cut it with a die from a Spellbinders.  I used a die set from QuicKutz to cut the rosette shapes and the sentiments.  I used dies in 3 different sizes for the rosettes, and 3 different colors of CS.  I made three rosette shapes, layering them under and over the image piece corners.  Finally, I added 3 sets of 3 buttons as the embellishments.  I think I more than covered the "3's a crowd" aspect; don't you agree?

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Card Mania
Crafty Cardmakers
I {heart} ProMarkers
Inspiration Destination
My Craft Creations
Not Just Cards
Paper Girls
Paper Nest Dolls
Penny's Paper Crafty
Pink Elephant Monday
Simon Says Stamp

     I hope your weekend plans include some time just for you and some additional time for creativity.    While you're at it, come play with us at QKR Stampede.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie     

21 comments:

  1. You covered the "three's" really well, Connie. I think that image is really fun. We card makers really work the postal workers, don't we? HA
    Have a good weekend. I like your header

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, the poor mailman looks haggard indeed. Love the sentiments and how you have covered the 3's a crowd.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this NC! Love the image and your sentiments are perfect with it! Made me giggle. :o)

    hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! This is so cute NC!! Love your fun sentiments to go with this image!! Have a fabulous weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute (and clever) Miss Connie! Congratulations on Through the Craft Room Door, Connie - that is fabulous! How long have you subscribed to it? I do feel for our letter carrier during the holidays - we are so rural and it takes them forever at that time of year. Hope you are doing well, and enjoying your new home.hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got the threes covered!!! LOL!!! CUTE image and I do love the sentiments you added.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!! Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card NanaC! I love the non traditional colours & the image is just brilliant! I love your 3's too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card, I love our design and colour combo - your beautifully colour cute image is adorable!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha ha - this image made me laugh - it's fantastic - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a hoot!!!! Love this card. I really need to buckle down and buy some of their images. I'm sooo needing extra time to make some cards....but this image is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha, poor postie, great card,thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great fun card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness! What a fun, fun image! Great coloring too! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun image and a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    Viv
    CCM DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute NanaConnie...love the fun image and the bright colours.

    Thanks for playing along at Inspiration Destination. Lynn, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy that turkey is strutting it isn't he...lol And yes you do have the 3's covered. Great card my friend. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Card Thank you for joining us at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge Blog. I hope we will see you next time. Hugs Sharon xxxx {DT}

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.