Saturday, October 18, 2014

Apple Picking Time

     Over the last week or so, while visiting some of my fav blogs, I've seen two or three cards which brought back such wonderful childhood memories of picking apples in the fall -- bushels of them so we could make apple pies and applesauce, and have baked apples and apple fritters, and even apple cookies.  Those came from a recipe my mom had and I've never been able to duplicate it.  Unfortunately, it was one of those she had in her head and never wrote down so it's lost forever.  But they were oh, so, good, and the whole house smelled heavenly while they were baking.  Mmmmmm...

     Those cards and the fond memories inspired this card which features one of Doodle Pantry's latest stamp sets, "Raccoon Hellos."


I used the sketch from Cheerful Sketches.

  

     The image and the sentiment are both cut with dies from Spellbinders, then layered together.  I inked the edges with ProMarkers, using a 'faded' burgundy color.  Two of the designer papers are from the same Doodle Pantry stamp set (see photo below.)  The wood grain paper is a scrap I found in my scrap bin but it worked so well with the design and the color combo, I grabbed it and looked no further for my third paper.

     Everything is matted with kraft CS and each layer is popped up with dimensional dots.  I added three black gems to each of two corners and called it done.

     Challenges:
Color Me Scrappy
Craft for the Craic
Die Cut Divas
Digistamps 4 Joy
Going Grey with Scrap Creations
Inspiration Destination
Mema's Challenge (die cut, bling, stamp)
MilkCoffee
Party Time Tuesdays
Perfectly Rustics
Sister Act
Sparkles Forum
Word Art Wednesdays

     So, this is the promised second post for today and now I have to go and run some errands.  I'll be back in my craft room this evening and we'll just have to see what's in store for tomorrow or Monday.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Raccoon Hellos

27 comments:

jimlynn said...

FUN image and a cute, cute card!!! It's adorable!
Um......never heard of apple cookies before but can image how good they'd taste!
Lynn

Carole Robb Bisson said...

A great image on a great card with super DP layers. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 154th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

Arlene said...

What a marvelous image. I'd say it was apple picking time.

Fantastic card and so glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card; thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Jackie C said...

Wow, great work, well done and good luck! Great racoon colouring!
Hugs, Jackie
Digistamps4Joy.DT
Member

Bernadet said...

This is just beautifu!
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches Challengebog.... Good Luck!!

Cathie Borowski said...

What a great little raccoon and I love the layers. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics Colour Combo Challenge, Cathie DT

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I got a big chuckle out of your raccoon holding the apple. I remember what you said about your childhood memories of apple picking. Real bummer about the lost recipe. :(

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Connie
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Bonnie said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for participating in our Party Time Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge.

Creaine said...

wow nice card. Thanks for joining the challege at Cheerful Sketches.
bye,
ine
Leuk dat je meedoet met de challenge bij Cheerful Sketches. Succes.
groetjes Ine
http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, I do so love the cute image.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Dawn Lancaster said...

How sad about your mum's recipe! On a lighter note, I do love your card!
HUgs
Dawn xx

*Vicki* said...

Yum! I love apple picking time!! Such a cute image and a great card too!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Lesia Cook said...

Your little raccoon is so adorable and you colored him well. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts and good luck in the challenge.

Joann Burton said...

Your card is adorable. The story of your mom and the apple cookie recipe brought a tear to my eyes. My mom had many recipes and we would tell her to write them down. She never did and I could never duplicate them. Wonderful card....Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Ema M said...

Super cute image and great card! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have only gone apple picking once or twice....how fun! Love your card- that raccoon is colored beautifully! Apple cookies sound quite yummy!

Sharnee Torrents said...

Oh this is a super sweet card! HOw wonderful to have a stamp that says Happy Apple season! FUN!
Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
Smiles Sharnee :)

Kim Butterworth said...

Cute image, I love all the layers you have created. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

Desire Fourie said...

Love the colourful image and the earthy tones.
{I would love you to take part in my 1,000 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}L

Teresa Arsenault said...

Love this and your coloring is amazing.
Hugs,
Teresa

Desire Fourie said...

Back with my dt hat on:
This is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘ANIMALS’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Valerie Andrieux said...

Very nice card and great coloring skills ! Thank you for playing at CMS !

Marjoleine said...

Love your card!
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!

Hugs,
Marjoleine

Jo said...

Ah, NanaConnie.....thanks for bringing back some lovely memories.....my Nan made the best apple crumble, even better than my Grandad's & he was a chef lol & now I'm so proud one of my boys is training to be a chef too! Love your card, that image is adorable & beautiful Autumnal tones too. Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

Engelchen said...

Waow, very nice.
Thank you so much for joining us at Cheerful sketches.
Greetings Geesje