Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Apple Costume for Tuesday Throwdown

     And a good Tuesday morning to all of you!  We have a new challenge and new theme over at Tuesday Throwdown this week -- "Dress Up."  We want you to use images of people or things in costumes, whether that relates to Halloween or not.  It might be a Victorian costume, or a Shakespearean costume, or something from a Christmas pageant.

     Our sponsor this week is Chi Chi Memories and they are new to me but I simply adore the images they supplied for the DT to use.  So, brand new image from a brand new company and this one is called "Apple Costume."


     Isn't he adorable?  I had so much fun making this really CAS card.  I think as I practice this style more and more, it's becoming a favorite of mine.  It works really well for cute cards, and let's face it, I do many more cute cards than elegant and fancy ones.  I'm just naturally drawn to cute images.  While I can appreciate elegant when others do it, I'm happiest with cute and humorous when it comes to my own cards.  :-D

     He's colored with ProMarkers, then die cut with a die from Spellbinders.  After inking the edges, I adhered it to the center of an A2 card front.  I added the twine and the bow and it was finished.  Delightfully primitive and childlike -- a perfect 'non-spooky' card for a youngster at Halloween.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Glitter n Sparkle
Hanna & Friends
Hiding in My Craft Room
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie
Outlawz Greetings
Outlawz PAM
Through the Purple Haze
Treasured Times
Without Words

     I hope we're going to see you playing along this week.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Malika said...

So cute, love it

Malika

Shona Erlenborn said...

He is an adorable little guy. Great sentiment too! Lovely card!

Debi said...

I had to LOL when I saw the sentiment. The only time my kids got detention in school was when they both worked on the school newspaper and in an argument, one said 'so bite me' to the other and received a 'bite me' in return. Not too smart in front of the teacher.
Great card design and coloring.
Hugs, Debi

Benzi said...

So cute, Connie. Love the image and framing. Such a fun sentiment, too. I do love making a CAS card. They are fun and quick, too.

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Really love the funny sentiment to go with this guy!! :) Such a well done CAS design my friend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Linda Simpson said...

LOL I am so loving that sentiment and what a real cutie. Again loving your cute little bow.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Darcy Schroeder said...

Just adorable, NanaConnie!! I think you have a wonderful card here with all the red!! Sentiment is so cute, too!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Good luck!
Hugs
Darcy

KT Fit Kitty said...

That's so cute - and what a fun sentiment!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Cute enough to eat indeedy!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling- loving that sweet image and love the red die outline- great look! Ok- that sentiment made me laugh!

Sassy Raggedy said...

HaHaHa, I love it...That sentiment is so funny....Great card Connie...Hugs, joann

Davi said...

Perfect cas NC!! Love the cutie apple image and the sentiment gave me a great chuckle :)

jimlynn said...

Perfection! SO cute and love the coloring on that apple. The tiny bow is a wonderful addition. The sentiment......LOL!!! Jim's sister is always saying this!
Lynn

Samantha said...

Lovely card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Carla Harkies said...

I love that sentiment, giggle so perfect for this little sweetie! Great card, thanx for joining us at Through The Purple Haze Challenges.

Carla DT

Donna K said...

An apple a day....equals CUTENESS! Love this happy little guy in his bright apple suit. That pretty red bow is perfectly placed too. A very fun card and silly sentiment too.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

ah so cute NC love this one great sentiment!!!
Linda K.

Debby said...

Absolutely stunning card ...I just love that image - what a cute card!
Thank you so much for joining us in this weeks Challenge "Halloween" over at Glitter N Sparkle
Debby (DT)

Asha said...

Oh that sentiment just cracks me up! What a super adorable card, NC! You are the queen of cute - no contest!
hugs, Asha

Amy A said...

Oh my gosh! Love, love, LOVE this one. I'm still giggling! Just perfect NC!

Hugs,
Amy

Joanne Hood said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining in the fun over at TTPH.

Hugs
Jo Dt xx

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

So cute! Made me smile!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper