Monday, September 29, 2014

Zephyr McBroom

     Today's blog title is the name of the image by Rick St. Dennis and I missed the deadline for entering it in the challenge at Kit and Clowder.  Sigh...  Ah, well, I love the image and it certainly made an adorable Halloween card.  :-D


I started with the sketch from The Outlawz,
although I reversed it because of where I wanted to
put my sentiment.


     I colored Zephyr with ProMarkers, then die cut her with a hexagon die from QuicKutz.  I also cut a mat one size larger from purple CS.  The card base is pale green.  I cut the decorative corners using a Cheery Lynn die but used the throw away pieces from the cut corners and saved the actual corners for another project sometime in the future.  The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the sentiment is computer generated.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Corrosive Challenges
Creative Moments
Di's Digi Designs
DL.ART Thankful Thursday
Open-Minded
Paper Pretties
Pile It On
Scrapper's Delights

     October is nearly here -- only a couple more days, and you know what that means?  Halloween will rush up on us, then Thanksgiving, and without anyone knowing how it happened it'll be Christmas and a New Year!  We'll be doing lots of snowmen cards and projects and those who live farther north will be wishing it was summer again.  :-D  In the meantime, Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

  1. She is much cuter than your last witch! I love purple and lime green together, your colouring is great!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Halloween card and great coloring of the image. Love how you used the negative pieces of a die. That's one of my favorite things to do is to see how I can incorporate them into a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...don't you hate that...missing the challenge. I must go to the Rick St. blog site. A FAB job on the coloring and especially the dress. I have issues trying to highlight waves...something you did very well and something I have NOT mastered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really is too cute to spook. Super coloring and the shadowing is great. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Connie, I love her hair and gorgeous embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really adorable witch NC!! Your colors look amazing and your sentiment is spot on my friend! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi NanaC! I'm back from my trip & catching up! I love all the projects you've made! Sorry I don't have time to comment on them all!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design and coloring. Love the new header.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this wonderful digi. Way to go Connie..Hugs joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colouring and I love this image xx thank you for joining our current challenge over at http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Aud Sentiments DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie of witch, loving the colours and the fancy corners!
    Hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this sweet witch- colored beautifully- love her hair : ) The corner neg die cuts is brilliant too- great sketch! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute image and an adorable card! Love the way you used the negative parts for the corners.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card, charming image. Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adoralble Nana, love that image and your choice of color is perfect whit that sentiment!! Thank you for play with us at Creative Moments this time, hope to see you again real soon. Hugs Kate DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A cute little witch. Fab card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight,
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.