Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Vintage Autumn

     I had no idea I was going to be as thrilled with this card as I am but the result is eminently pleasing.  :-D


     This is a Fitztown image which I colored with ProMarkers and then die cut with one of my framing dies from Spellbinders.  I rarely work with oranges (except for fall color combos) so I had to dig around quite a bit to find the pumpkin CS which I die cut with a plain oval die from QuicKutz.

     At first, I intended to layer the two ovals so that the plain oval would be just a vertical mat behind the image but as I was playing around, I angled it and really liked the way it looked.  I layered both pieces onto the card front and then began adding flowers and pearls.  I didn't have any flowers that pumpkin color but ProMarkers fixed that.  :-D  I'm becoming convinced that I'll buy nothing but white flowers from now on and custom color them to whatever I need.  The bow was also white but dyed with a ProMarker.

     When she was finished, I thought she looked regal and vintage.  I certainly didn't plan the card this way.  I thought it was going to be another CAS card but it's one of those that just took off, apparently having a mind of its own.  This time, I'm glad I let it go instead of trying to control it.  :-D

     Challenges:
A Vintage Journey
Card Makin' Mamas
Crafts 4 Eternity
Crafty Catz
Creatalicious
Dies R Us
Docerela Creations
East Wind
Fitztown
Pattie's Creations
Quick Quotes

     That's all for today and it's been a really busy week so we'll have to see if there's any more time before the weekend for playing.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

31 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and design. Like how you decided to angle the solid oval too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is absolutely amazing!!! I love your coloring here NC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this does looks stunning! Love the design and gorgeous autumnal colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and beautiful card Connie you have coloured the image beautifully thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie I wanted to come and thank you for becoming one of my followers and I have taken the chance to have a peek at your projects, they are all beautiful especially this one I love the colours you have used and how you have offset the oval it really does look very effective, a truly wonderful card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage project. Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ♥ Monica
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NC truly amazing elegant beauty, Fabulous design with the ovals cuts. Beautiful image and fantastic coloring.
    So gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning image. You have done a fabulous job with this. Your simple design really makes it stand out.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful card. Love the image & the use of colour & dies. Thanks for joining us for our Fall Festival challenge #10.
    Alicia (Dies R Us DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card NC the image and your colouring is fabulous.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what a beautiful design!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘FALL FESTIVAL’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an elegant card. Love the layout you have done.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations!
    DT Member Sara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful image and so well done. Colored beautifully and I do like that angled die.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card love the way you coloured her hair and the roses! Great colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty card! Thanks for participating in Dies R Us "Fall Festival" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Connie. Just beautiful. Hugs joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I LOVE that you've used a Fitztown image, too! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB CT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh NanaConnie this is stunning!! i was browsing your site when I saw this and it really caught my eye. Love the colors you used and the design with the ovals your right they are perfect. And the way you colored the flowers. I will have to try that sometime.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I love the bight orange! Thanks for joining the Quick Quotes Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful and wonderfully coloured!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card! The bling is perfect on the frame. You are very talented with your coloring! Thanks for playing along with Quick Quotes this month!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You may not have planned it this way but it's absolutely stunning! Love the way you did the ovals and your coloring on this image is outstanding!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card..pretty coloring. Thank you for joining us this week at Card Makin Mamas! HUGS

    Kim
    CMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, - great colouring too! Love it and thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the colorings. Thanks for joining us at quick quotes challenge

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have every right to feel justly proud at how beautifully you've coloured this elegant lady and it all makes for a wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.