Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday Throwdown with Deedee's Digis

     It's a rare occasion when I combine DT assignments but in this case our new challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week is sponsored by Deedee's Digis and I just happen to serve on both teams.  :-D   Our theme at Tuesday Throwdown is "Bows and Butterflies."   I've used a pre-colored image from the "True Friend" set.  BTW, this set is one of the sets in the "Freebies" section of the Deedee's Digis store this month so check it out!


I chose the sketch from The Outlawz (turned 1/4 turn)
and my colors came from the challenge at Speedy Fox & Friends.
(red, yellow, blue)


     Everything on the card is from my scrap pile, including the embossed strip and the twine.  The little butterfly embellishments are the drop-out pieces from two different dies which I always save for other projects.  The mat is die cut from a scrap and the corrugated background was cut from a scrap book page leftover.

     Challenges:
A Creative Need
Cutting Edge
Hiding in My Craft Room
Little Claire's
One Stitch at a Time
Pattie's Creations
Robyn's Fetish
Sweet Pea Stampers
Treasured Times

     I hope we're going to see you playing along this week.  Just find a butterfly or two and add a bow.  Too easy!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Malika said...

Lovely card i love cats

Malika

Dr Sonia S V said...

How cool that you are the DT for both the teams!! Love the way your cat looks And Thank you so much for having me as the Tuesday Thorwdown Guest DT
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Jo said...

Gorgeous........love the blues & that sweet image!
hugs Jo x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Adorable. :)

*Vicki* said...

That is awesome that you could combine the two teams together! That almost never happens!! LOL!!

I just adore your kitty with the blues and of course your twine reminds me of the yarn they like to string everywhere!! LOL!! Adorable my friend! HUGS

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

super kitty NC and great take on the sketch hugs Judith x

jimlynn said...

So cute and I love that little kitty image - of course! Great way to use the butterflies on here too.
Lynn

acreativeneed said...

Really cute card and adorable kitty! Thanks for playing with us at A Creative Need, always lovely to see you!

Jean said...

What a cute cat image! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge.

Dawn Lancaster said...

Sweet image & a great sketch! Super colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh NanaConnie I love your card. Love the idea to of using up all the scrapes. I think I need to start this before my scraps over take me.
Linda K.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card design- love the cute image and loving your butterflies and bows as well. How fun that it worked out to combine the challenges. Life is good : ) I look forward to the day when I get to stamp as much as you !!!

Mimi said...

Thank you so much NanaConnie for joining us this fortnight at OSAAT with your fabulous creation, just love that you used all your scraps for this one :) :) :) hugs Jane (OSAAT DT) xxxxxxx

Stampsnob said...

oooh this is cute I am glad you are showing us at marks finest papers .......Lis DT

kReN said...

NC, love that image from Deedee's Digis and we are so glad you joined our color challenge at MFP/CC. Good luck!

kReN@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Cute Kitty Cat!
Thanks for playing in our "Dog OR Cat" Challenge #99!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Davi said...

REally pretty NC! I lov the background to go with that little cutie! The string, embossed strip and butterflies are a cool embellie too :)

Kim said...

This is adorable NC! Love your textured background and fun butterflies.

Laurence said...

Very nice card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
Laurence DT

Sylvia Meppen-Rentenaar said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

Debi said...

Great job using up scraps on this adorable card. This cold has me behind on my comments but I am slowly catching up.