Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Thanksgiving Harvest Celebration

If you're looking for the Tuesday Throwdown post, please scroll down one post.     

Big, exciting announcement!  First,  Doodle Pantry is doing a mid-month release this month and second, I've been invited back to the Creative Team for another term!  I love Doodle Pantry sets (always have pre-colored images, outline images to color yourself, sentiments, and wonderful digital papers all for a very low price) and I really love working with Laurie and the whole team.  :-D  Don't forget there's a challenge still going until the 24th and, if you use a Doodle Pantry image, you'll get a pre-selected set free just for entering a challenge.

     Today's card uses an image from one of the new releases (Pumpkin Monkey) and a sentiment from another (Pretty Petite Scriptures.)  I'll show you photos of both sets at the bottom of the post.  This is actually my first Thanksgiving card for this season.


     This started as a pre-colored image but I added darker colors to the pumpkin and grasses because I wanted the pumpkin color to be closer to the polka dot ribbon I had already chosen.  It's a single layer card and I wrapped the ribbon around the card front and just tied it into a knot instead of doing a bow.  My blogging friend, Lynn, is very good at doing this kind of tie but I think this is my first.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Brown Sugar
Crafting at the Weekend
Crafty Catz
DL.ART Thankful Thurs
DRS Designs
Simply Create, Too
Sister Act
Speedy Fox & Friends
Suzy Bee's Bloomin'

     Thanks, Laurie, for letting me serve another term with Doodle Pantry.  I'm so happy to be back.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie


 

27 comments:

  1. This is beautiful in its simplicity. It really shows off your expert coloring skills.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Jumping for joy for you my friend!! :) Congrats on re-joining the team!! I have to say that this card is a fave for me from you because of the CAS style for one and i just love the simple Fall design and pumpkin colors here!! Well done NC! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is awesome in its simplicity hun and what aaamazing colouring hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That knot looks just perfect to me! I love this CAS beauty and the pumpkin image is fantastic! LOVE IT!
    Congrats on being asked back on the DT too! Great news.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic news Connie! Well deserved to my friend. I am so loving this card the sentiment is beautiful and love the ribbon.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous!!! The pumpkin is so vivid and of course, I love that scripture! Your ribbon ties it all together beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy Fox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Nods, so well deserved. This is an awesome CAS beauty. Just love the added details to the pumpkin. Simply spectular.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful c&s card, love the pumpkin image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty CAS card Connie - and I love the ribbon you chose! Thank you for sharing another project with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#115 – For the Men in Our Life]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the clean and simple look of your card! It really allows the impact of God's word to shine! Congrats on your return to Doodle Pantry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CAS card. Love the coloring of the pumpkin. Thank you for sharing with us at DRS Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colours & colouring NanaC! Super CAS card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Doodle Pantry card is so pretty, Connie - the colors are striking (I always love that pretty blue highlighting the warmer colors). Congratulations on being renewed with the team - but then, they are very lucky to have you on their team! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Doodle Pantry card is so pretty, Connie - the colors are striking (I always love that pretty blue highlighting the warmer colors). Congratulations on being renewed with the team - but then, they are very lucky to have you on their team! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, beautiful and elegant and I really like how your pumpkin and ribbon are so close in shades of orange - lovely! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully colored and love the shading you added. Your pumpkin goes perfectly with the ribbon you chose! Awesome job with the knot too : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. So crisp and strong beautiful coloring Thanks for sharing at Marks Finest Papers ....Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, NC [missing you] Love your wonderful CAS autumn card--beautiful pumpkin! Thank you for joining in the fun at Simply Create Too's "Fall Challenge #70.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Connie, your card is beautiful and it is colored to perfection. Thank you for joining us for The Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Connie thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect CAS card, looks fab, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful CAS creation! Beautiful coloring! Thank you for playing at Suzy Be' Bloomin' and good luck.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous CAS card, thanks for as at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  24. BeAUTIFUL CARD THE SENTIMENT IS SO TRUE!! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #140 “Fall” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  25. Elegant clean and simple design, NanaConnie. I never would have thought to showcase just the pumpkin from this set... Love this creative idea. You may be seeing this pumpkin in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That image really pops! Nice job.
    The card is gorgeous with just that ribbon and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm back to comment as a DT member for Simply Create Too Challenge #70. As you know I love this CAS design. Perfect card for Fall.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.