Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sisters are Special

     It's Tuesday morning so there's another new challenge at Tuesday Throwdown and our theme is "Sweet Little One" -- anything having to do with sweet babies.  Our sponsor is Robyn's Fetish and they have generously supplied digital images for the team to use on their inspirational cards this week.  Thanks, Robyn's Fetish!


I chose to use the sketch from The Outlawz, turned sideways.


     I looked at the image and it reminded me of those old sepia photographs which occasionally get hand colored so I decided to print it onto kraft CS, then color over the entire thing with an Ivory ProMarker before coloring just the blanket with two other ProMarkers.  The die cut is from QuicKutz and I layered that onto a scrap of dp, then adhered the die cut sentiment at the top of the scrap piece.  I punched each of the corners.

     The flowery lace was pale tan but I colored it with ProMarkers and wrapped it around the card front.  I added the bows and a large sequin as the only embellishments.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
A Creative Romance
Brown Sugar
Creative Corner
Friends of Speedy TV
My Heart Pieces
Robyn's Fetish
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Sister Act

     I hope you'll come and play with us this week!   Dig out those sweet baby stamps and show us your creativity.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

24 comments:

Avril Ann said...

I was never blessed with a sister, Connie, so wish I had. A fabulous card hun, as always, hugs xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and I love the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Benzi said...

Sooooo sweet and so pretty, Connie. I, for sure, thought that was a piece of burlap behind the image...until I read.

Donna Hanley said...

I love the sepia look with the touch of color on her blanket. Your entire card came out lovely, Connie. Have a fun-filled week.

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is gorgeous. How did you die cut the corners of that burlap so well, or is it cardstock that only looks like burlap? Just beautiful.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

*Vicki* said...

Wow! I love how you handled this image on your card NC!! I love the papers and design!! Very clever my friend! ;) HUGS

jimlynn said...

That DP looks like burlap! SOOOO pretty and just the exact amount of color added to this card. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautifully vintage. Loving the touches of burgandy.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card. Love that vintage feel you've given it.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sweet, sweet image and a beautiful design!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh my- I thought that was burlap! wonderful card- loving the way you colored the image and how pretty is the trim and the bow!

Janine said...

Nice layout, textures and colours

Donna said...

Lovely design and layout. Following you!
Hugs Donna x
http://kraftyscot.blogspot.co.uk/

Debi said...

Great job. Coloring the Kraft with ivory really worked well. Ditto with the lace. Love it.
Hugs, Debi

Dawn Lancaster said...

Love this NanaC! Great vintage look & I love the DP!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Joann Burton said...

How lovely Connie. Love the Vintage Image. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Edie said...

Such a loving and appealing card. What sister would not love this card? Thanks for thinking of 613 Avenue Create to share it with.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

so beautiful NanaConnie love your card. Love the vintage image.
Linda K.

Asha said...

LOVING the vintage vibe, NC. Such a sweet image, no?
hugs, Asha

Laurence said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
Laurence DT

Davi said...

NC your card is stunning!! It looks like and old photograph with the colors and way you colored the image!! I LOVE this beautiful card! So glad you shared with us at FOSTV!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful, love the image and again the colouring is simply wonderful as is the sentiment! Would work perfect for me as my kid sister is 10 years younger than me. Love it!
hugs
Glenda

Stampsnob said...

Sweet image Glad you submitted it at MFP ...............Lis

Ravengirl said...

This is adorable! What a lovely card!