Sunday, September 28, 2014

Season of the Witch

     Here it is, my last card as GDT for the month of September at the CAS challenge on The Outlawz.  I've had so much fun this month, and I really think I've improved my CAS design skills during this time.  Thanks to all the other DT ladies for their support and inspiration.

     This time, my card features an image by Rick St. Dennis called "Callista, the Witch."  I really do think "cute" witches are my all time favorites for Halloween.  They are so definitely images for Halloween and can't really be confused with any other occasion!


     Isn't she a hoot?  She's colored with ProMarkers, then die cut.  I used plain oval dies to cut both the purple and the orange mats and mounted them on a slight offset. The sentiment is computer generated and double matted with the same CS.  I put everything on black CS for the card front.  Simple but fun.  :-D

     Challenges:
4 Krafty Girlz
A Gem of a Challenge
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
Cute Card Thursday
DL.ART Thankful Thursday
Paper Minutes
Passion for ProMarkers
Scrapbooker PhD
Treasured Times

     I hope you've enjoyed my journey into CAS this month as much as I have and it would be terrific if you came and played along at The Outlawz CAS Challenge this week.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

*Vicki* said...

That image is just too cute!!! That snake on the hat looks scary!! LOL!! Such fun colors and design NC!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! I love the colours and fabulous design. Such a fab witchypoo too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling- yes, the image is a hoot! I love the design of this card CAS is so hard for me : )

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is brilliant Connie I actually love that image she looks as if she is a fun character, the die cuts and colours are fabby.
hugs
lorraine x

Cara Malmrose said...

Still loving the witch and the sentiment NC!
(Hugs) Cara

DIANA L. said...

How super cute Love this!!
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #141 “Purple & Green” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Heike said...

wonderful....these are autumn colors too!!!

Hugs, Heike

Sarah said...

She's a brilliant witch!! So glad you've come along to AYLI to play with our Favourite Digi Challenge!! Good Luck!! Sarah

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I truly LOVE this image and your card. I spend over a 1/2 hour looking for the image. Can you give me a link?

Lotta said...

Adorable!! So funny and cute at the same time. :) Thank you for joining the theme I have choosen this week at Passion for ProMarkers. Hugs Lotta xx

Joann Burton said...

heeheehee..Fantastic...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Andie's Space said...

This looks fab. What a great image & I love your card design. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Sandie Gough said...

She's too cute! and I love the sentiment too xx thank you for joining our current challenge over at http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Sandie (Aud Sentiments DT)
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card gorgeous image . Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

jimlynn said...

LOL!!! She's precious! Love the expression on her face. Another perfect example of a clean and simple beauty!
Lynn

Teresa said...

Great project - love it! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Girls, good luck and hope to see you again x

Helen said...

Love it! A great card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls.

Helen x

Faith Wallace said...

I love that stamp!!!
You colored it so well. She just makes me laugh.
Great color choices. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's Halloween challenge.

Wendy Fraser said...

Super card, love the cute witch image, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx