Friday, September 12, 2014

Owl Love

     This card was inspired by the super full moon earlier this week, which also happened to be a Harvest Moon.  Did you have a chance to see it?  Magnificent!  This image was drawn by Beccy at Beccy's Place, and I think it's also available through Sparkle n' Sprinkle.


     This image is another example of starting with a pre-colored image and adding color with ProMarkers and gel ink pens to get the effect you want.  I colored the moon with ProMarker yellows, darkened one of the owls with ProMarkers, then added white to the chest feathers on both owls with a gel ink pen.  Not a lot of shading needed here since the light source (the moon) is straight behind them.  Over the yellow marker, I added Goldenrod glitter from Sparkle n' Sprinkle, adhering it with brush on glue.  

     The background dp is from a set at Deedee's Digis.  The bow is one I made myself and had in my stash.  The stars in the image are colored with glitter gel ink and the white stars are self-stick gems.  I also use three tiny purple gems mixed in with the white stars.  This is a pretty CAS design, even though the open space is covered with dp instead of being white.

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Bearly Mine
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned dp
Crafty Sentiments
Creatalicious
Creative Craft Cottage
Digi Sketch
Incy Wincy
Lexi's Creations
Loves Rubber Stamps
Scribbles Designs
Squigglefly

     Fall is literally only a few days away now, starting at the equinox on September 21.   I'm still waiting for the weather to cool off.  We've been at or near 100 degrees F where I live for the last 3 days and those are still summer temperatures as far as I'm concerned.  I realize that I don't live where it snows in the winter but come on -- haven't we suffered enough over the last 3 years with the worst drought in recorded history, and hot, hot, hot days in addition to being bone dry?  We need a sweeping El Nino winter to bring us rain, rain, and more rain!    Oh, well, great excuse to stay indoors and craft.  :-D  Happy Stamping   NanaConnie

29 comments:

  1. The owls are really adorable NC!! I love that they are covering up the moon a bit and have the wonderful "glow" around them! :) The little extras on it make this very special! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I love how you added the feathers with your gel pen...very clever.

    I hope you get LOTS of rain very soon. I certainly know it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA! Connie, this is sensational! Love the way you took the pre colored image and then just enhanced it. Great looking moon and this really stands out again the background paper! Awesome card!!!!
    We're waiting on that cooler weather too - and rain......maybe someday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image. I love how you have showcased it. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. The super moon was really pretty, but your card is really great! I love the way you did the sky. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love, love how you enhanced the image and all of those details to make this beauty rock. Simply beautifully crafted.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the added effects to the pre-colored image and that brush on glitter is awesome.....something I have not tried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, I love this image by Beccy and especially love the fabulous harvest moon you created in the background! Your colors are truly amazing - I love being able to enhance or change the precolored images! very sweet and colorful! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness your coloring is spectacular. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a great job adding extra colour and highlights to the image NC, I particularly like the addition of the white on the owls bellies. The gorgeous glittery moon is also a great addition!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What else can i say but... aaaaawww.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute image and love the sparkling moon. Thank you for joining Digi Sketch Challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love the sparkly moon, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sparkly moon-great card. Thanks for playing at the Digi Sketch challenge, see you Monday for a new challenge :)
    p.s-can I tell you something that will make you giggle? I opened about 5 blogs to comment on and when I clicked off the one before yours I jumped in the air. Your cat (hanging upside down) freaked me out-lol. Those eyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fabulous card. I like how you added bit of color and texture to your pre-colored image. Great idea. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Hugs,
    Deborah GDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning card - I love the vibrant colours and the way you have glittered the moon. Thanks so much for entering in the CCC Digi Creations Challenge
    Maxine
    DT CC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Connie, your card is so creative. Love the image and that harvest moon is a perfect accent to the image and the card.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is adorable!! Love the glittery moon!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is adorable. The image is colored so well. I love their white feathers. Your glittered moon is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle. I hope you'll join with us again.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling card and I love the added white feathers on their chests. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice card!!! The image are so cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Design!!! hugs, ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the BP. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September challenge with your super crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful selection of colors and papers. They really make the image shine...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  25. How adorable, I love it! (and still love your blog banner, lol). Thanks for playing along with Bearly Mine Designs' autumn color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute, cute card :-))
    Love the stamp and all the beautiful colors that you used for it.
    Thank you for sharing it with us on the Bearly Mine Challenge this month!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  27. adorable card love those cute owls! thanks for joining us at BMD
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.