Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hibiscus

     Good Tuesday Morning, friends and followers.  If it's Tuesday, it must be time for a new "Anything Goes" challenge Through the Craft Room Door.  Our wonderful sponsor this week is Sandi's Samples and I've used one of Sandi's lovely image, called "Hibiscus."


     This time, I set aside my alcohol markers and picked up my colored pencils.  I wanted a bit of a pencil line look to the image so I didn't blend the coloring at all.   I love the three blossoms in the image and added a three tiny gems to the center of the flowers.  The image is die cut and the edges are inked.  There are sets of three holes punched along the sides of the die cut and that gives both texture and dimension.

     The die cut behind the image is double cut, once in green and once in brown, then mounted slightly offset.  The image is popped up on dimensional dots.  I used pastel green CS to make the card base.  This is another of those cards which is really pretty CAS but looks a lot fancier because of the fancy cuts.  

     Challenges:
Sister Act
Treasured Times

     Are you going to show us what you've made this week?  After all, TTCRD is always Anything Goes so whatever you make fits right in.  And don't forget that the new fall magazine has been released.  I even have a tutorial published in it.  :-D  See you there.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

  1. Really beautiful NC!! Love the gorgeous framing around your image!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely project, Thanks for joining us at Treasured Times.

    DT Deni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Connie, love Hibiscus and these are beautifully coloured.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card:) thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge hugs Sue DT:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, NanaConnie!! Love your fancy die cut!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi NC Sweet image and love the CAS feel of this beauty. Fabulous job coloring with the pencils. Must have that die frame in my library. Nicely done
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely image and you coloured it beautifully. Lovely die cut too.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card thanks for sharing at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made some gorgeous projects over the last few days! Looking at them on my phone at the minute but will have a better look when I'm home!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. I love the doubled die cut, and I love the die cut too, it's so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Come and Get It this week. I hope to see you back again. ~Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous almost looks like it's on porcelain, loving what you've done here. Thanks for sharing with us at the Incy Wincy Challenge. Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations.Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the image. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Thank you for joining 613 Ave Create challenge this week. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blooms and coloring on them with the pencils! Fantastic card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Card, thank you for joining our challenge this time at PPinkydolls :-)
    Kate DT xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.