Friday, September 19, 2014

Ghost Family Reunion

     Most of us have our family reunions in the summertime, often blending them with our vacations.  But ghosts always wait until the end of October for their family reunions and I have a picture to prove it.  :-D


     This is a rubber stamp image and sentiment which I was fortunate enough to win over at DRS Designs.  I stamped those onto black CS with Versamark ink, then added white EP and heat embossed it.

     The frame was cut with my new Cheery Lynn die and I used a new technique - double heat embossing.  I used the Versamark ink pad, applying ink directly onto the frame, and then heat embossed it using Detail Black EP.  After that cooled, I used a Versamark pen to add splotches of ink and heat embossed that with Venus Velvet EP.  The final touch was a line of Black Ice glitter for a little sparkle around the inside of the frame.

     This looks a lot more complicated than it is.  It's really just one die cut, two stamps, and all the rest is heat embossing.  I decided to do no embellishments at all because I wanted it to look like a framed family portrait.  I think that's just the cutest little stamp!

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Cardz 4 Guyz
Cuttlebug Mania
Die Cut Divas
DoubleClick Skittles
Hobbybook
My Craft Creations
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Pink Elephant
Scrapy Land

     OK, the weekend has begun and I have completed all my work projects for the week so I get to play all weekend.  I hope you find plenty of play time, too.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

  1. What a cute Halloween card and so fun. Glad you joined us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ghostly family reunion!! The embossing is great and I love that frame die cut! Thanks for playing along in the Scrapy Land Challenge #2!! I do hope you will play along with us in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fun NC!! I love the ghosts in white against the black background!! Brilliant idea! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Connie, this is fabulous, loving the die you have used and the image is just fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Connie, this is fabulous, loving the die you have used and the image is just fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Connie, this is fabulous. I love that family portrait! SO CUTE! Love the way you did all the heat embossing on here and the Cherry Lynn die is so lovely! Love it and so glad you joined us at Scrapy Land for this challenge too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely CAS card, and pretty purple/blacks....Thanks for joining us over at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!~
    DT-Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. The die cut and heat embossed background is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!!! I do have to say is your Kitty at the top of your page, I had to laugh she is just adorable. Great job with your embossing love all your little ghosts, they have a family. Your frame is wonderful fantastic die cut. We love seeing your creating. Thank so much for joining us at Scapy Land challenge.
    Fabulous ideas and inspiration.
    Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
    rubber stamping is my game blog



    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute Connie...I love this and I love how you are always so creative. That mind is always thinking...lol Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Connie! Not only is your frame amazing - thank you for teaching me something new about the double embossing - doesn't it look great with these two colors? Love what you have done, and the little ghosties are darling! Now to put on my other hat: Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge for a chance to win great prizes and badges! We hope to see you come back in the next challenge, too! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever card, I love seeing the Halloween cards starting to pop into the challenges. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz, we hope to see you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card! love how you used this stamp - very clever! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys - Vic, Guest designer for September. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a totally fun card! Of course purple and black are pretty darn ghostastic for this. I agree, the family photo needs no embellishments.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is fabulous Connie!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty challenge and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute and spooky ghosts! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card. Thanks for joining us at DoubleClick Connections.
    ~DT Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic frame! The double embossing really worked beautifully here. Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it - the technique you've used on the border is so effective.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Nana Connie!!! I love your ghost family reunion. They look so happy. Thank you for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A cute spooky card - love the colours

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the double embossing, I never thought to do it that way, and I love how you have kept it simple with just the white embossed image, its so effective.
    Thank you for joining the Diecut Divas New Things Challenge
    Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the colors! Too Spooky! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at DoubleClick Skittles.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    DoubleClick Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.