Monday, September 1, 2014

Flower Cart

     There's a new Progressive Challenge starting at Sparkle and Glitter, the Rick St. Dennis blog.  The theme is Anything Goes.  I've used a beautiful Flower Cart image by RSD for this card.


     I wanted a black and white card with just a pop of color but I was completely out of black CS.  I grabbed a black marker, a piece of white CS, and made my own black background.  When all else fails ... :-D

     I colored just the roses in the image with three different ProMarkers, leaving everything else as black and white line drawing.  I also made the background mat for the image by using those same ProMarkers to color a scrap of beige CS before I die cut it.  Both the image and the mat are cut with Wonky Squares dies by Spellbinders.

     The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the bow is one I made myself.  The three little buttons were in my stash.  The sentiment is stamped with white ink.  I have a couple of CAS challenges I want to enter with this card so there's not a lot of embellishment on it.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
CAS on Sunday
Crafting for all Seasons
Fairy Tale
Frilly and Funky
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz CAS
Vandicrafts Artistry

     Another day with more than one post but since my previous post actually went live at 11:00 p.m. my time last night, I guess this could count as my Monday post, right?.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - love the way you have spotlighted the roses! Way to go creating your own black card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Connie. Off on my holidays tomorrow. I will catch up when I get back. Take care dear friend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used a very beautiful stamp on your gorgeous card.
    Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful image so well used. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Connie, Got you added to the link-up! Beautiful card, I really like those Wonky Squares. Thank you for adding this to Vandicrafts' Artistry Challenge.
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! When all else fails.....right! Grab that marker! I would have never known the difference. Love your card too and that design is sensational! So different and pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card NanaConnie...wow, I really love the look of this card. Perfect image for a black and white card. I love your ingenuity in making your own black card stock too...very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! Loving the B/w with the pop of color! I think if I attempted a black BG, I would end up with streaks....wow! Loving your sweet organdy bow and the die is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your pop of color and that wonderful, wonky die. Where that is a will, there is a way...glad you managed to get that black paper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie this is just gorgeous! I love the black with just a touch of color, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great CAS card NanaC! I love your black background!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pritty card! It´s really something special and I bet the reciver will love it. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are amazing. I can't believe you colored that whole piece because you didn't have black. That is dedication to your craft. I love those die cuts. It looks like the image is floating down to the page. Good call with only coloring the flowers too.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! So beautiful!! What a gorgeous detailed image! Love how you've selectively colored it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful, NanaConnie. Love the image and how you spotlighted some of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful, NanaConnie. Love the image and how you spotlighted some of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, and really elegant. Thanks for joining us at I Love ProMarkers. Hope to see you back soon. Good luck, hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Connie I really love this wonderful card. I have never done anything using this technique but yours is lovely. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really pretty card and a lovely image x Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. trace x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, love how you coloured it and the fabulous design!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and added goodies for our challenge this fortnight of Wheels and or Cogs...♥aNNie for

    {Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}


    ReplyDelete
  23. very pretty thanks for sharing at sparkle and glitter

    Mo
    RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really gorgeous! I love how you have coloured the flowers and how you have left much of the design as a sketch. Really has inspired me to try this technique. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle and Glitter... good luck!
    Sue
    RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card, thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.