Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"Day of the Dead" Fairy for Halloween

     

     Through The Craft Room Door, September 2014 Issue is now available for your viewing in the "Subscribers Only Area" at Through The Craft Room Door website: http://craftrmdoor.ning.com.   It is loaded with paper craft tutorials, tons of inspiration, and projects you can create.  Come see Colleen Schaan's craft room - trust me, it will knock you off your feet - it totally rocks .   Art by Miran is this issue's Featured Digi Artist and has given the subscribers the sweetest digital images to download.  Come on over and join us and try one of the great tutorials! 

     Another challenge starts to day at Through the Craft Room Door, always "Anything Goes," and we love seeing what you create and submit.  We're sponsored this time by AuroraWings (I love their digis!) and I chose to do another Halloween card using an image from their Fairies collection, called "Day of the Dead."


     The details and the materials list for this card are published in the new September/October issue of the magazine and I really hope you're a subscriber so that you can see all the tutorials and projects.  Believe me, you don't want to miss out!  I will tell you that I've used one of my favorite techniques which is to "frame" the image with the negative piece of a die cut.  The purple frame is laid over the image instead of the image being cut out with the die.

     Challenges:
4 Krafty Girlz
A Girl Who Crafts
Creative Craft Cottage
Fairy Tale
Frosted Designs Friday
Graph'It
Kreativeinkauf
Ladybug Crafts
Natalie and Amy's
Oddball Art
Outlawz Color Tuesday
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Paradise Stamps
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Red Rubber Inspirationals
Sister Act
Sisters of Craft
STAMPlorations

     What a great Tuesday this is!  I hope your week is going well.  Find some time for yourself, check out the fabulous new issue of the TTCRD Magazine, and then enjoy some Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

30 comments:

Jo said...

Love this NanaConnie, your colouring is amazing! Fab technique too, one of my favourite things to do too......in fact I've posted one using it today .....great minds think alike, eh, lol!
Hope you're well, my friend!
hugs Jo x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Awesome awesome awesome coloring and very scary face...haha However, I still love your card...haha

Benzi said...

Yikes! She could shake up a person. :-)Great Halloween card and a wonderful technique.

*Vicki* said...

Sometimes, if I don't get my coffee in before I put on my make-up...this is what my face can look like! LOL!! Really fun card and image NC!! I love the Halloween colors and accents! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Anne Temple said...

What a great Halloween card and fantastic coloring of the image. Love these digis too.

Sandi's Samples said...

Super coloring on this spooky card!
Huggs

jimlynn said...

I've always loved that technique you used with the framing - yet have never tried it! You've inspired me now. Very cute - and scary!
Lynn

Darcy Schroeder said...

I just love your cute card, NanaConnie!! I love your coloring on the spooky image!! Very nicely done!
Hugs
Darcy

Pia S said...

She's kind of cute and creepy at the same time. Perfect color choice for a Halloween card. Sparkly bat is a great detail!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Great colouring NanaC! I'm not so sure about the image, a bit creepy for me but I do appreciate its beauty!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Asha said...

She's kinda scary and cute... And I thought I have unruly hair! Great job colouring the image! She actually looks adorable!
hugs, Asha

Peggy T. said...

Connie, this is fabulous coloring. I'm so glad to be serving with you at TTCRD.

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! You are so funny! LOVE the title of your blog post, and your WONDERFULLY "dead" little fairy. Great colors and funny design! love ya, connie! hugs de

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful Halloween card.Funny character. Fantastic coloring. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at [Paradise of Stamps] today !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

P.S. : Don't forget to add our badge [Paradise of Stamps] if you want to validate your participation.

Avril Ann said...

Wonderful, Connie, a brilliant image and WOW your colouring..hugs xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So fun! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

Liz Smith said...

This image is so fun and you have done a fab job of coloring her up too. Thanks for playing along in our colour challenge at Graph'it. Good Luck! ~Lizzy DT

Joann Burton said...

BOO to me...How great is this. I love love love your coloring. Beautiful work Connie. Hugs joann sassy raggedy

Vicki Dutcher said...

AMAZING coloring! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations~

~ Kendra ~ said...

Fun technique used! Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Bianca said...

Thats such a pritty card! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

Eileen Dobson said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wonderful use of fall colors! Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Debra James said...

Love your card- great use of colours... great colouring of your image. Thanks for playing along with STAMPlorations.

Carolyn L. said...

Adorable and lovely colors.

Linsey said...

What a wonderful card! Beautiful coloring of that spooky image! Thanks for sharing your card with us for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Fall challenge! :)

frezja said...

lol, great card :) Thanks for joining us at Oddball Art Stamps :)

Anjie said...

Fabulous make. Thanks for joining us in our Amazing Hair challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
Anjie (DT)

Anita Byrne said...

Beautiful creation ..Thankyou for joining us at the crafty girls challenge blog..good luck ..Anita DT

Penni said...

Gorgeous card
Thanks for joining in with our Amazing Hair Challenge at Graph'It Markers.
Hugs
Penni
X