Wednesday, August 20, 2014

When the "Fashionista" Retires...

          The sentiment pretty much says it all on this one!  :-D  Image is from Rick St. Dennis and it seriously looks like I posed as the model for it.  And, since I know so much about this (having posed for it), I can tell you that the three fur babies are known as Bullet, Bluebell, and Buttercup.  They dearly love playing with Bows and they think the fashionista's Bathrobe simply must be covered with loose cat hair at all times.  How's that for a bushel of "B"s?


     Image is colored with ProMarkers and Triads and then fussy cut and adhered to coral pink CS.  I die cut a piece of embossed dp from my stash with a scalloped oval die, and used the negative as a frame for the image.  Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the bows were hand made by me.

     Challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore
Corrosive Challenge
Hiding in My Craft Room
Outlawz Greeting Card
Outlawz PAM
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Sentimental Sundays
Sister Act
Stempelsonnen

     Halfway to the weekend, folks!  Hope your week is going well.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Benzi said...

Connie, this is so cute and fun. All those kitties must have really drawn you to this image. Retired fashionistas rule!!!!

Anne Temple said...

Oh my goodness, I love this and that image is fabulous! Great coloring too.

Teresa Arsenault said...

LOL! Love it. Great sentiment and fabulous job of coloring this fun image.
Blessings on your day Dear Heart,
Teresa

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Such a fun image and yep, I was thinking the same thing as you...I must've posed for that!! Great colors and sentiment to go with this NC!! HUGS :)

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Connie, this could be me! Love it and the sentiment is brilliant.
Hugs
Linda xx

jimlynn said...

LOL! If this isn't the truth nothing is! I keep telling Jim that jeans are "dress-up" now!
Cute, cute and fun card!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

LOL funny! Really could relate to this fun card as both my hubby and I are both retired. We have often used the phrase --going to go change into my retirement clothes.

Donna Ellis said...

Oh, Connie! Too funny! Your coloring is fabulous ( of course) - especially the way you have captured all the details in your image - but the sentiment is GREAT! I ESPECIALLY like her wedged "slippers" and those pink curlers! Great pink card for sure! Hope you are settling into your home, and that your niece and grandchild are responding to their new regimens. hugs, de

Dreja said...

Eine flotte Lady. :D
Danke daß du bei der Stempelsonne mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Claudia said...

Tolle Karte. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der SsC.

LG, Claudia

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous fun card, adore the image and your colouring rocks!
hugs
Glenda

Lil Green Bug said...

OH my I love this image and your card how cute....
thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge.
Lisa
ljcreation.blogspot.com
HIMCR DT

Erin Bentley said...

Hi, A lovely card, love the image and the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Crafts Galore Encore this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT x

Dawn Lancaster said...

Lol! I love it! Great image & love the papers!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sternenglanz said...

oh wie cool!!
Klasse Kärtchen!

Danke für Deinen Beitrag zur SsC.

liebe Grüße
Sternenglanz

verybellemakes said...

Great sentiment! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge, hope to see you again very soon!

Victoria DT

Joann Burton said...

Connie you are hilarious. I always love reading about your cards. Another beautiful card and your coloring is awesome. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a fabulous card! I laughed out loud...love your sense of humor, the great color combo and the sassy sentiment! The ribbon is gorgeous, too! THanks for joining us for the Pets and Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Daria said...

What a nice and funny card! Love the image! Thank you for joining the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Anything Goes". Hope to see you again! Good luck!

Daria

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Carolyn L. said...

Really fun card! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Linsey said...

Ha! That is too cute! Great pet card--thanks for joining us over at RRR for the challenge! Hope to see you next time too!! :)