Sunday, August 3, 2014

Tin Man Hero Card

     Today, I'm sharing a card I made as an "Any Hero" card which I'll be sending to Operation Write Home to thank one of our many heroic servicemen serving overseas.  The image is from Doodle Pantry, and even though I've had it more than a year, this is the first time I've used it.


I chose to use the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday. (Hi, Sally! :-D)


     The Tin Man image is pre-colored which allowed me to focus my time on creating the background.  Don't you just love his red heart and tin funnel hat?  I tried something I haven't done in a ton of ages.  I used an embossing folder from Darise to emboss the top part of the card (another of those things I haven't used before even though I bought it last fall at a clearance sale.)  Then I rubbed chalks (gold and yellow) across the embossing to highlight it and used chalk inks in the veins on the leaves.  Since we're heading into fall, I thought it would be great to get my first 'fall colors' card done.  :-D

     The image is die cut and matted with CS.  I used gold and orange CS for the inchie squares at the bottom of the card and, because it all looked a little plain, made my own polka dots on one of the inchies.  The ribbon is from my rather extensive stash, probably from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The sentiment is computer generated, hand cut and then matted, and fussy cut again.

     Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks
A Gem of a Challenge
Art Impressions
Aud Sentiments
Chalk N Stock
Crafter's Cafe
Craft for the Craic
Crafting at the Weekend
Crafting by Designs
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Simon Says Stamp
Sister Act

     I may not have a post for another day or two.  It depends on whether or not I can get to the photos in my camera without my faithful home computer.  I'm so used to the quick download process there that I struggle with trying to do it any other way.  :-D  I do have a couple of pre-scheduled posts for later this week.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

37 comments:

  1. What a cute, cute image. Love the swirl paper. Happy that you could join us.
    Hugs Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ... I DO love Lil' Tin! Such a great image and such a great way to use him. Fantastic idea to make a hero card!

    Thanks for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
    ~Jo, SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous. I love the embossing and OMGoodness your coloring is growing by leaps and bounds.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the look you got rubbing the chalk over the embossed part Connie. Also love your cute, cute card and that image and sentiment are wonderful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know he is my favourite, character, from the Wizard of Oz, Connie, a wonderful card my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have images I haven't used either and want to use them all all all...lol Hope you can get to your camera since you don't have your home computer. Anyway, he's darling Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS...Like your upside down kitty picture on top of post...haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions and hope to see you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning NC and just taking a hop to your blog to view your awesome creations - all fabulous hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tin man. A beautiful card and loving the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun! LOVE the image and I adore that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie this is adorable. I love the embossing and that little red heart is too cute. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  14. your tin man card, Connie, is fabulous, and really has a perfect setting with the on-set of Autumn, doesn't it? Wonderful artwork! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card Connie, love this image and what you've done with it especially the background totally perfect. Great card thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the sketch NanaC! I love love love that image! The sentiment is great too as always!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Love all the detail you have put into this!And now I need to go watch Wizard of Oz! Thanks for joining us at 4 Craft Chicks this week.
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card! Love that Tin Man image! And that sentiment is just perfect!! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous card and fabulous image too - - thank you for playing along at Pennys papercrafty challenge this week hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi NC!! I just adore this Tin Man!! Super cute image and I love your card - wonderful Sentiment!! Always love seeing your cards at SSW2!!
    Blessings to you NC!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Connie. I love the embossing - adds great texture and interest to the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun card- loving the flourishes and the tin man is adorable- plus colored perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for joining in this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable card. LOVE the sentiment and the Tin Man!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your tinman, NanaConnie - he's got such a sweet face. Glad he got to see the light of day after one year of waiting:) The embossed pattern is beautiful and I love the effect of color you've added for highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how you have used the embossing folder. Very clever to highlight it with chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun card and sentiment. Love the card design. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful embossed background. It really makes the tin man image pop! Great sentiment, too! So glad you joined us for the challenge, NanaConnie! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Where do I begin. I really like this embossing folder and how you chalked the raised image. Also, what's not to like about pre-colored images, right? So pretty and so glad to see you back at Doodle Pantry...even if it's just to enter the monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card, great image and I like the background details. thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute image and great background
    Thank you for joining in the Craft for the Craic Challenge
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great background! Your embossing/chalking is really creative - thanks for joining our Like an EmBoss challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oooohh, perfect! Great sentiment to go with Mr. Tin. Love the orange Bg too, works so perfectly. Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 49!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great layout and that sentiment is perfect with the image.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete
  35. How lovely! Perfect coloring! Thanks for playing at Crafting at the weekend! We hope to see you next time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi NanaConnie I miss you! Love your background and colours you use! Thanks for joining us for DPDC#49 hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.