Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sweet Dreams

   
     The latest challenge has begun at Vandicraft's Artistry and the theme is "Just Ink" -- no embellishments, no die cuts, no ribbon; just very CAS using ink.  I was visiting my friend,  Kren's blog and saw a card she had posted which gave me the exact inspiration I needed!  Thanks, Kren.  :-D  It also reminded me of a technique she uses which I've been wanting to try, that of using an embossing folder over an image after it's colored.


     The image is "Baby Aurora Angel" from The East Wind and I printed it directly onto the card front along with the sentiment.  I colored it with ProMarkers and added the blue to the corners with the chisel tip of a Copic marker.  After that was done, I ran the card through my Big Shot using a lattice folder from SU.  Voila' -- done!  Nice texture but very CAS.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
A Girl Who Crafts
City Crafter
Creative Card Crew
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Fitztown
Kreativeinkauf
My Craft Creations

     Have a wonderful weekend, my friends and visitors.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

  1. NC, this image is adorable! I've only tried this technique once, but it wasn't over an image...I just wanted it to look like a quilt. It was fun! :) Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable image! Great CAS card, too! No embellishments? I don't know I have it in me to do that. lol But you've managed to make your card beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB CT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card & I love the look of that technique!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Glad you accepted the challenge of using mainly ink, your card is beautiful. Thank you for entering this card in Vandicrafts' Artistry Challenge. :)
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS and very nice! Love the look of the embossing over the colored image too. So lovely!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great texture! The image is just adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card NC a great idea running through an embossing folder after you had coloured the image, she does look like she is snuggling down in bed.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nana Connie! It's been awhile. I just love the technique you used here of embossing the stamped image. Very cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool texture! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable is right and I love your textured background, fab card!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie this is beautiful. I think the embossing is wonderful kinda gives it a quilted look. Love it. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I just love the effect of the embossing over the image. So different and beautiful, Connie. The corners almost look like strips of ribbon. Thanks so much for joining our TEW "For the Kiddies" challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.