Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sprite Delight

     Today I want to share my next card done for the AuroraWings challenge using one of their sweet "Sprite" images, which was a freebie specifically for entry into the challenge.  How's that for perfect?  :-D  She's supposed to be a sunflower sprite but I used her as though she's a daisy.


I used the sketch from MFP Sketch with a Twist
and took my color inspiration from Craft Room Challenges.

  

     The image was colored with ProMarkers and then die cut with a die from Spellbinders.  I saved the little butterflies that fell out of the circle and used them as embellishments after adding glitter and pearls to them.  The ribbons are from my stash and I added pearls to the bow just to complement the butterflies.

     The dp is from a stack by Recollections.  I printed the sentiment, fussy cut it, distressed the edges with ink, and layered it onto the card front.  Finally, I added three, very pale green pearls to the bottom corner.  I have to say that I really love how this card turned out.  I think I'm going to use it as a birthday card with an appropriate sentiment inside.

     Challenges:
A Song in Your He(ART)
Crafting by Designs
Craft Your Passion
Creative Moments
Digi Choosday
Divas by Design
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
I {heart} ProMarkers
Inky Impressions
My Craft Creations
Perfectly Rustics

     That's all for today.  WOW, looking back, I've gotten a lot done this week!   No wonder I'm feeling proud and productive.  Have yourself a great rest of the weekend and find some time just for you, for something fun and relaxing.  Your battery probably could use some recharging. :-D Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

  1. Adore these Sprite images, Connie, love this card hun, love the colours and detail here, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Connie, I love the beautiful background and the die. These sprites sure are cute.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. super card and image thanks for sharing with FFT this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card; love your take on the sketch! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Sketch With a Twist Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring and a fab design, Connie. Thank you so much for joining Aurora Wings' Sprite Delight challenge.

    Mitzi xx
    Artist/Owner AuroraWings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I haven't been around much, fb takes up so much of my time anymore but wanted to try to pop by. Love the idea of making her a daisy, she looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little miss Daisy is precious and love all that green! It's going to make a great birthday card for someone too. So very pretty!

    (Love the upside down kitty on the blog header.......looks like me after finally finishing all those invitations! LOL! )

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, Connie, and your coloring is perfect.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all your greens and brilliant use of the die 'waste' all perfectly matched. Great take on Debi's board thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the various shades of green... so fresh.Great colouring of this adorable sprite. The butterflies on the frame and on their own really set her off. Thanks for playing along with our Flower Power Challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the daisy sprite, Thanks for sharing at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great make. Thanks for joining us in our Lots of layers challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! LOVE the colours....so LUSH!
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got the darling image after seeing your beautiful card. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd challenge after visiting your blog...haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card Connie...The color combo is perfect as is your coloring. I love it...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute image and beautiful colouring in. Love the sparkly bow. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that image & your colours look great!I adore the tiny butterflies too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that image & your colours look great!I adore the tiny butterflies too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. Lovely colouring and beautiful decorated.Thanks for joining us at I Love ProMarkers for the Ribbons challenge. Hope to see you again for new challenges. Good luck, hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. WHat a great green card! WOW! Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just gorgeous, Connie! Love the greens. Thanks so much for joining our Sprite Delight Challenge At Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally gorgeous and love the little butterfly sitting one her petals. Thanx so much for joining us for our Sprite Delight challenge at Aurora Wings
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhhh so cute! I nearly missed this great image! Thanks for the link. Love the colors you have used. I just love green :)

    Thanks for joining us in our Lots of layers challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.