Monday, August 11, 2014

Share the Love

     Well, my days didn't get any less busy this weekend and I have only a few more days before I leave again so I'm trying to get everything done and to pre-schedule a couple of blog posts.  I have a DT post tomorrow  which must get done even if nothing else does.  Today's post is one of my favorites of all the ones I've done for this week because I just adore the Sassy Cheryl's image!   I think I love Cheryl's images because all of her girls seem to be such tomboys (as I was) yet have such warmth and tenderness in them (which I hope I have.)


     I used my ProMarkers to color her, then die cut her and the frame with dies from Spellbinders.  I love how those fancy frames make a really simple design look so complex and fussy.  I made a gate fold card, something I haven't done for a long time, and for the first time made a gate fold that's square when folded instead of folding to an A2 size.

     The embossed panel has been rubbed with chalk and I inked the edges.  Sentiment was computer printed, hand cut and matted, then hand cut again.  The three bows were made from satin ribbon and are some of those I make by the dozens and keep in my stash.  I am running low on certain colors so will be taking ribbon, pearls, needle and thread with me when I leave on Friday and I'll be making more during the slow times while I'm gone.

     Challenges:

     That's all I have time to write today but I'll see you again tomorrow.   Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Connie, so fresh, and a super cute image, sharing the love right back...hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, NanaConnie, that's the sweetest image!Love your card & a fab layout too!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah bless Connie she is adorable hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Those little bows are cute! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to take all those supplies with you and make more bows Connie! They're as cute as can be - and no, I still haven't tried one (Shame!!!!) but will!

    Cute, cute, cute card! I love all of Chery's images too. Just darling. The bows look great on this one.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, she is so sweet! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie Connie, she is gorgeous. The embossed background and beautiful bows are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe NC, she is a beauty to behold, fab frame and gorgeous coloring. Simply a cute beauty.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant design

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Monday!!!

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie, I love how you framed that cute little girl! Beautiful gate fold card! Thank you so much for submitting this little gem to week three of Vandicrafts' Artistry Challenge!
    Melissa ~ Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very funny and cute image! Thanks for playing with Hanna&Friends.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the image, Connie, and your bows are so cute. Very nice gatefold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card, thanks for joining us at Treasured Times,

    DT Deni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab and adorable...I too love Sassy Cheryl images. OK..you gotta stop. I bought a bunch of her images and now just bought and colored Lacy sunshine so I can enter the challenge. I'll post tomorrow and get in on the challenge....thanks to you...haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab and adorable...I too love Sassy Cheryl images. OK..you gotta stop. I bought a bunch of her images and now just bought and colored Lacy sunshine so I can enter the challenge. I'll post tomorrow and get in on the challenge....thanks to you...haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card thanks for joining us at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute image and those bows are great. Wish mine turned out like that. Thanks for joining us at Hobby Cutz this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh, she's just too cute & adorable!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww this is cute, love the sweet image and detail on your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card! I like the way u incorporated the die on this design :) Thank you for sharing with Stamplorations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of my favorite stamps by Cheryl. Love the blues. You always color these images up so well. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute image and I love your choice of blue to pair it up with. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations with this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun card you've created! So beautifully colored and fits our "2 or more dies" challenge perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Milk N Coffee! Hugs, Rita DT

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.