Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Even Snakes Have to Go To School

     (Edited to add: This is supposed to be my post for Thursday but since one of the challenges is closing in just a couple of hours, I'm posting this now to get it all linked up, and you get to see it early.)

     OK, that post title should have grabbed your attention!  :-D

     We're all thinking about autumn and back to school time.  That means shopping for school clothes and supplies, and brings to mind the old "Apple for a Teacher" idea.  This wonderful, friendly little snake has that idea in mind, even if his morning appetite got the best of him before he managed to deliver the apple to his new teacher.  Sure hope the teacher has a sense of humor.   The image came from QKR Stampede, where they have a "Back to School" theme for their challenge.


     Colored with ProMarkers and die cut with a die from Spellbinders.  The dp for the mat and for the background are both from my scrap stash, probably originally from an old DCWV scrap booking stack.  Both ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I wanted this to be CAS so decided on no embellishments other than the ribbons.

     Challenges:
2 Cute Ink
613 Avenue Create
Come and Get It
Hiding in My Craft Room
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stempelsonnen
Suzy Bee's Bloomin'
That Craft Place
The Squirrel and the Fox

     I leave in another 2 days and am still trying to get ahead of things so that I have time to pre-schedule a couple of posts but that may not happen.  I'll be without internet from mid-morning on Friday until at least Sunday evening, but then I should be back on line and able to visit with all of you again.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

jimlynn said...

Connie, I'm so glad you went ahead and posted this. TOOOOOO CUTE!!!! Love the little snake and apple - and your card too! I would even image there's a few teachers out there you think some of their students are snakes in disguise! LOL! Cute, cute card.
Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

How cute and fantastic coloring on this.
Hugs,
Teresa

Maire Gamber said...

Super adorable! Love your sweet card. You little snake looks so much cuter than the rattlesnakes I have in my back yard!
Hugs,
Marie

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- fun for back to school! Love the coloring. Hoping you have a fab trip- safe travels!

Avril Ann said...

Super fun, Connie, just been watching the Jungle Book this week, so this card is giving me a little chuckle...hugs xxx

Sternenglanz said...

oh how sweet !!!
Your card is great!
Great Scene :)

Thank you for your contribution to the SSC.

greetings
Sternenglanz

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

ah bless Connie super cute card hun love it hugs Judith x

Dreja said...

Eine tolle Karte. Danke daß du bei der SsC mitmachst.
LG Dreja

La Papera Gialla said...

How cute!
Thanks for playing with us at 2 Cute Ink Challenges this week!
Monica - DT

Bunny said...

I really like the color of the snake. You did a great job. The colors and the layout of the card are nice, also. Thank you for playing at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Anne Temple said...

Awwww....love this! He's just too cute to be scared of. Fabulous coloring and love the CAS design.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! I love the coloring and shading in your little back to school snake and the apple! wonderful colors, and sweet, delightful design. I especially like the tiny blue areas of his eyes. hugs, de

Claudia said...

Tolle Karte. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der SsC.

LG Claudia

Glenda Atkins said...

Love this!!! I must have that image, thanks for the inspirations! I am off to buy it.
hugs
Glenda

Asha said...

HAhaha! Love the title... and the card is awesome. Didn't think I'd ever say this but the snake is CUTE!
hugs, Asha

Shell B. said...

Super cute card, adorable image!
Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Adorable card Connie! Love that snake.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at The Squirrel and The Fox!! Hope to see you again next challenge. Please join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Sara S. said...

That snake is adorable, and I don't care for snakes one bit! Great card, lovely coloring. Thanks for dropping by to share this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back to visit us again!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 41 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT (Sorry I'm so late with my comment, but I was away for the week with limited internet access) x

Joann Burton said...

Connie your coloring on this card is lovely. The design beautiful. Such a cute cute card. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy