Monday, August 4, 2014

Cowgirl Bear

     OK, I managed to load this from my camera without my usual software so I can share this with you but the photo lacks my normal editing.  I had to work in another program which doesn't have all the options I tend to use and I couldn't add a watermark but I did manage to get something on there.  Forgive the lack of quality, will you?  I was just so tickled with this card that I didn't want to wait to share it with you.

     The image is "Cowgirl" from QKR Stampede.  It reminds me of a childhood story called "Rodeo," which my Dad used to read to me.  It was about twin siblings, a boy and a girl, who wanted to be rodeo stars.  I don't remember much about it but it was a lot of years ago, folks, so be kind.  :-D  I have a much clearer memory of my dad, playing his guitar and singing "Red River Valley" in his rich, baritone voice.  Either one of those things could be my inspiration for choosing this image today.


My sketch came from Sketchy Colors
and the colors are from Vandicrafts
my first time playing over there.

  e628a38e9aedb19e25c8f6160c215393

     I know my dear Texas friend is laughing already -- aren't you, Lynn?  

     This time I used Copics to color the image and the dp is from SU.  The CS mats for the image were cut from Bazill textured CS, and I used a die set from QuicKutz to cut all of them.  The sentiment is mine and I'm not sure if the sentiment refers to finding her own hubby and getting him home from the bar or party or if she's lookin' to find a hubby but either way, it's a fun sentiment for this image.  The cowboy boot charm has been in my stash forever, just waiting for the right project, and the lasso was made with some jute cord from The Twinery.  :-D

     Challenges:

     I hope you're having a great Monday and that the weather is being whatever you want it to be -- cold, hot, gently warm, or anything in between.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

  1. Hi, Connie! Darling card, and wonderful colors, but you know what? I most enjoyed your story. How nice to have a dad who read to you, and even sang songs to you! Wow! The sentiment is marvelous - and it is VERY "Nana-Connie-ish". Sweet! Guess what? Saturday we added a new kitty to our family! So far, my allergies have behaved. :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable this is Connie. Way too cute...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Connie! Thank you so much for entering in week two of Vandicrafts' Artistry Challenge. Your card is super cute and you are very clever using a sketch from another challenge! Your story was touching and so glad you shared this with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie, I saw this little cutie at Inkspirationals. Adorable! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful image, fun card, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet image and your post was a delight to read. Isn't it wonderful when our cards bring back nice memories to us? The cowboy boot charm is just perfect. Super card, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your story as much as your card. Cute card though and I love those Stampede images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm smiling from ear to ear!!!!
    YeeHaw!!! What a wonderful and precious, delightful, CUTE card! Of course the sentiment is true too! Love the little boot on here. Love your card Connie!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Connie, this is just brilliant, I love QKR Stampede images, love the wee cowboy boot, hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cut NanaC! I love the sentiment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining this week at QKR Stampede Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an adorable card Connie! Love the arrangements and structure of your card. We at 613 Avenue Create hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! Love the image and the cowboy boot charm is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Connie, love the bear she is beautiful. Loving the cowboy boot charm too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful card thanks for sharing with SBBC this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a warm hearted story! I loved reading books to the kids when they were little- with minimal singing though : ) I love the sentiment too- beautiful coloring and loving the die cut layering and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card and I love the memory of the story with your Dad :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
    Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne xx
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card Connie and isn't it great when an image brings back such great memories!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the take on the sketch. Fabulous charm as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Fab coloring and great card. Thanks for joining us this week for our Western/Rodeo theme.
    Karal DT QKR Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card. Love the image, it's so sweet. Great colors and beautiful decorations.
    Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors, good luck.
    hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card, very cute, thanks for sharing it with us over at The Squirrel and The Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet card and fond memories of your father! Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.