Friday, August 1, 2014

Coffee Dragon

     I love this dragon!!!  He's just so like me before my first cup of coffee in the morning -- grouchy and selfish.  :-D  Digi stamp is from Rick St. Dennis, always some of my favorite stamps and his dragons are favorites among those.


My sketch is based on Sketch #20 at Sketch and Stash, but reversed.


     The dragon image is colored in my fav purple and green (OK, so purple and anything is my fav!) combo with ProMarkers and some new alcohol markers I'm trying out by Triart.  I have to use them a bit more before I can give you a considered opinion but they do have some great colors and they blend well.  I used a die from Spellbinders to cut the image.  The background is corrugated paper from DCWV and it gives such great texture to cards and projects.

     Ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I have no idea why the sheer one looks so pink.  I assure you it's a perfect match to the color of the satin ribbon.  Sigh, -- sometimes photography does strange things to purples and lavenders.

     The sentiment is computer printed and die cut.  The diamonds and pearls are from my stash and it's about time I started using them.  I've had them for so long the cellophane packaging on them is getting brittle.  :-D

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
City Crafter
Craft-Dee BowZ
Craft Room
Crafty Sentiment Design
Dream Valley
Everybody Art
Glitter 'n Sparkle
Lunagirl Moonbeam
Melonheadz Friends
Outlawz CAS Sunday
Sailing Pineapple

     One day closer to the weekend !  I have great plans for getting things done around the house but you can be sure I'll find a bit of time for the fun and creative things, too.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

  1. How cute! Great coloring on that fun image and you used one of my favorite color combos too. (Love you new header too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Connie! But, I do find it hard to believe this would be you before you have that cup of coffee in the morning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my dear friend you sure put a big smile on my face today. I hopped over to see your creation today and I see a cute little kitty looking at me upside down. Thank you.

    Your card is gorgeous, love the dragon and his purple wings look brilliant. ;)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA...cute and funny all wrapped into one. I'm a happy morning person but this card would be super for some friends you are like you..at least you admit it...haha... loving your special colors as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great card & great image... love the bow too :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash.... good luck :)

    love n hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe! I'm not a morning person and thing fun dragon looks like me when I first wake up! Great take on the sketch; awesome card with fab coloring Love the image! Have a happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Well, you may be looking for your coffee in the morning, but at least you dance "The Stomp" while waiting for it! LOL That way you get your exercise in, too, right? I don't know why the cameras play unfairly like that, Connie. I have the same problem, especially with my copics, but what's a crafter to do? LOL Your card is darling, and I especially like the shading in the dragon scales and wings! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks exactly like Jim in the morning before his coffee too! Love your coloring on here and it's a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for joining in my Favorite Color challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! I hope to see more of your work in future challenges. -- Karen (P.S. Love your kitty pics too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do come up with the cutest sentiments. Love this one and your dragon is fab. Great new header too.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is great fun! thanks for playing with us at lunagirl moonbeams! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is a very cute card!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Sketch N Stash!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi again ~ Great news, your cute grumpy dragon card just won the drawing in my challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! Congratulations! Please be sure to email me at info@Lunagirl.com at your convenience to claim your prize -- your choice of one of my Lunagirl digital collage sheet collections on CD. ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - love the sparkly ribbon! Thanks for entering our Glitz & glamour Challenge at the Sailing Pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where, indeed, is that dragon's coffee? What a fun (funny) card! Love it!

    Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun and unique card!! Love the dragon! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me thinks that dragon needs more than coffee...Perhaps something a little stronger...I love it Connie...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hee hee, I feel a bit like that this morning! Great colour combo & a brilliant image! Love the use of the corrugated card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nana, what a cute concept -- the dragon and that saying together. Love it! Really cute card. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Connie, What a darling dragon. I am not a coffee drinker so I cannot relate. But give me a diet cola and I am a happy camper Your card is really cute. Hope you loke the Triart's I have a few- they are nice. Love the 3 tips. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.