Sunday, August 31, 2014

Autumn Leaf Frolic

     I'm really flattered to have been invited to be a Guest Designer at Sketch 'n Dies.  I've played in their challenges pretty regularly for a while now and it's an honor to be asked to Guest Design.  The sponsor this week is Scrappiness Designs and they have some of the prettiest papers and kits I've ever seen.  I used papers from their "My Fairy Tale" set.


Here's the sketch.



     The sentiment I used was a freebie I found and I've had it in my collection for so long that I don't know who made it.  If someone recognizes it, please leave me a comment and tell me.  I'd love to give proper credit.  I matted the sentiment with dp and dark brown CS.  All the leaves are die cut with a Cheery Lynn die, either from brown CS or the yellow striped dp.  The flower layers are punched and embossed with a stylus, then stacked together.  I punched a tiny hole through all the layers so I could add the stamen.

     There is one additional decorative die cut (Spellbinders) -- the light brown buried underneath the leaves.  The yellow leaves were somewhat lost against the dp background and that brown die cut helped to distinguish them from the background.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Crafter's Cafe
Creative Moments
Dream Valley
Suzy Bee's Bloomin'
Sweet Pea Stampers
We Do Doobadoo
Word Art Weds.

       Hope you're having a wonderful Labor Day in the US, and for the rest of the world, a great start to your  new week.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Asha said...

I do the colours and layering on this card. So rich and autumnal. Have a lovely week!
hugs, Asha

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful DP and colors- and love that spray of flowers : ) Congrats on the GDT : )

Benzi said...

Connie, your autumn card and colors are super. I love the design and the die cut leaves along with that wonderful sentiment piece.

Autumn is upon us, for sure. I am seeing a few leaves with a bit of color coming to them.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Donna Hanley said...

Connie, Sorry I've been missing-was sick for a while, but I'm back. I LOVE this card. It is simple and classy all at the same time. Hope you are enjoying your Labor Day.

jimlynn said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot! Great news!
Love this autumn beauty. The die cute leaves are so pretty and that great DP you used on here. A perfect sentiment for fall.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous my friend and congratulations on your GDT.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Congrats on the GDT! I also love that sentiment, but don't know who's it is. The colors are awesome, it has fall written all over it.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, Connie! What a warm and lovely autumn card. Thanks so much for sharing with us, and may God bless your week with all His goodness and love. I'm SO grateful for you and the art you share with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, such beautiful colours. Thanks for joining our Textures challenge at http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx

~ginny said...

Wow - great take on the sketch there kiddo! The colors and your choice of papers are perfect for the sentiment - [which I love!] Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#114 – Any Sentiment other than a Birthday]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

rachel taylor said...

lovelycoloours on your card project thanks for sharing with SBBC this week Rachel dt

rachel taylor said...

I lovely the leaves and sentiment on your card thanks for sharing with SPS this week Rachel dt

Teresa Arsenault said...

Those papers are gorgeous and this is a stunning design; so elegant and classic.

Blessings on your day, my super creative friend.

Hugs,
Teresa

Jo Ann said...

Such a wonderful design and the DP's are pretty! Thanks for blessing us with your project for our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...Please join us again in a new Challenge starting today. Leaving you with God's Word in Isaiah 40:8, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

Eileen Dobson said...

Such a beautiful card, love the autumn colours. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.