Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sparkly Dragon

     I had so much fun with my last Meljen's Designs image that I just had to use another, this one for a child's birthday card.  Don't you just love this silly dragon with his sparkly wings and toe nails?


Again, colors are from Meljen's Designs
and the sketch idea came from AAA Cards
where they want to see a CAS, 'window' block design.

  

     The dragon image is colored with ProMarkers and I added glitter to the wings, toes, and horns.  The striped dp is from DCVW, one of their "Nursery" stacks.  Stars and gems are from my stash.  I used white ribbon to make the 'window block' and it came from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Very CAS and perfect for mailing.

     This one has to have you singing "Puff, the Magic Dragon" or at least reaching for the book, "St. George and the Dragon."  OK, maybe he's too cute to be St. George's dragon but still...

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Corrosive Challenge
C.R.A.F.T.
Fairy Tale
Great Impressions
My Craft Creations
Outlawz PAM
Paper Nest Dolls
Quick Quotes
Savvy Handmade Cards
Stamp and Create

     Mid-way through the week, my friends!  Sometimes I hate how I wish my way through the weekdays to get to the weekends.  It means I forget to enjoy the 'right now' moments.  But I do love my crafting weekends.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and cute, Connie, fabulous image and colours, hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a beauty! Love the dragon & how you've created your window. So pleased to see you playing at AAA Cards again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and cute all in one! Love the colors you used on the dragon and of course his pedicure too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Connie, what a cutie of a dragon. Fabulous card!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very charming with such an adorable dragon, I can see why you'd have fun with this one. Thank you for sharing with us at the Fairy Tale challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Connie, You're really getting into the swing of cas cards. Your dragon is adorable and the 4-up is great. Thank you for playing along. The dragon reminds me of this silly YouTube clip about "what if animals were fat?". Hugs Victoria, AAA Cards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltlJEdSAHw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun Fun Fun!...Nothing better than a big bright sparkly dragon...This is just Awesome. Love your coloring and all you did with this image/card. Very nicely done. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at MelJen's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie, your card is just darling! I'm always so happy to see your creations in the AAA Cards galleries and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card!!! LOVE that darling image and the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid card! That dragon is super cute and I love how you used the colors. Thanks for adding some stars and entering our challenge at Savvy Handmade Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is darling. I really like the background paper and how you colored the dragon to match.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous! The image is adorable and I love your layout.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, he's too cute! I love his twinkle toes!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so cute and beautifully coloured! You're a pro with the Promarkers! LOL!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a cute image - love him very much! Saw your card at AAA Cards and just had to pop over to say I love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute little boy card! Thanks for joining in at AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great little card and love your coloring...I knew right away that it was a Meljen image...lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card love the cute dragon Thank you for joining us at PND good luck hugs Sharon (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet dragon! Adorable card. Thanks for joining our Animal Friend Challenge over at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling card - love the color scheme, the sparkly wings - and of course the stars! Thanks for playing along with us over at Quick Quotes this month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card! I love the touch of glitter. Thanks for joining the Quick Quotes challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.