Sunday, July 13, 2014

New Baby Girl Card

     I was looking through my rather extensive collection of digital stamps and ran across this quilted cow in my folder of Beccy's Place images.  It made me think of a baby girl so it was natural to do a card for a new baby girl.  The image was originally pre-colored but I wanted it to be a bit more pink so I added more color with my ProMarkers.  I'm finding that's a technique I really like, especially for quick cards.


     I die cut the image, distressed the edges with ink, then added another die cut to frame it.  The lace was in my stash and I got it at Beverly's.  It adds some really great texture to the card.  

     The sentiment was printed with a computer font.  I did another small die cut and put the sentiment right beside it, then added one of the little bows I like to sew.  I ran short on the pearls I usually add so did one without a pearl.  I think I like it just as well.

     Challenges:
Crafting for all Seasons (ribbon/ square/ pink)

     Well, the weekend is nearly over and I'll be returning shortly.  A busy week looms ahead but I hope to find some quiet crafting time.  If not, there will only be a couple of posts between now and next weekend.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card NC great desing hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Love that beautiful lace to dress it all up too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow NC, loving the lace on this baby beauty, sweet and precious for the newborn. Simply an awesome and fabulous creation.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet card. Love the idea of adding more colour to an already coloured image.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so precious, love the lace and great idea to add color to a colored image, have to remember that one. Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute thanks for playing at AGOAC. I have a little candy so do hop over

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea of adding more colour to a pre-coloured image NC, it's a great way to personalise the image but still allow for quick card making. Your card is really sweet and with all the pink and pretty lace it's just perfect for what you intended. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You created a really sweet card! I love how you used the lace in the background. That really adds color and texture. Thanks for joining us at the Scrapbooker PhD Challenge this week. Hugs, Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I would be bold enough to think about pink with a cow - but it is really a great combination. I love. You pot a lot of work into this challenge. Thank you for joining ScrabookerPhD's Texture Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a FABULOUSLY unique card!! What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Fussy and Fancy "It's all about the Girls" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great image, it works really well! Love that lace too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back with my DT hat on........
    Thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sweet card.
    Thank you for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you for adding color to your pre-colored images. I love your very pretty pink card. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card!!
    Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink Xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.